Got a SU-22

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by larryk, Aug 27, 2008.

1. larryk

larryk New Member

Aug 27, 2008
    New member.  Yesterday, got a SU-22.  Paid $334.95 plus 3% for using a credit card. This SU-22 has the folding stock.  I may look for the pistol grip stock (out of stock at the Kel-Tec store).  Of course, I ordered some extra magazines from Palmetto State Armory ($26 plus shipping) after reading the thread on spare magazines.  I'm anxious to try it out on the range.  The ghost ring sight is nice but will probably put a red dot scope on it.

I already have a PLR-16, so the tear down seems similar to the PLR-16.  The bolt is not the same and the PLR-16 does not have the buffer.

2. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Hi larryk,

WELCOME TO KTOG!

3. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    spoke w/dean from DDS ranch, he went to the state police, and now we too can have the su-22 without having our n*ts busted.

just took a little discussion with them.

see, sometimes I know some stuff.

4. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Being able to buy an SU-22 in New York is a good thing. Hopefully, something similar will happen in NJ if they're restricting them, and other places around the country that DON'T LIKE THE LOOKS OF THE SU-22. >:(

I was going to post some sarcastic comment saying, "Congratulations! Now you can have a .22 rifle, as long as you restrict the magazine to ten rounds." Then I realized that negativity might be seen as directed toward the gun owner victims of New York, instead of the NY legislators passing these stupid laws as I intended.

So, I'll just say "Congratulations!" and leave it at that.

Any step back from gun control is a good step, no matter where you are forced to start that journey.

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    ps - sorry about the phone call. battery died in the phone.

too much time working....

6. mak0

mak0 New Member

May 8, 2008
    The SU-22CA is legal in NJ.