Good Trade?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by kelteclover, Jul 27, 2009.

1. kelteclover

kelteclover New Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Today I found a p3AT in my local classified news paper. So I called the guy, who said that it was not for sale, but he would trade it for a revolver. To make a long story short, I gave him my Taurus Ultra Lite .38 Special and two boxes of ammo for his only slightly used P3AT .380. Also came with a box of .380 ammo and a box of 9mm ammo, as I have a PF-9 also. It was still in the KT hard case with the owners manual and the little bag with the locks in it. He said only about 50 rounds have been shot through it, and I cant see hardly any wear. It is a Gen II gun. I shot it a little today (ammo is scarce) with no issues. Do you guys think I came out good on this trade? I think so...

Also I found some .380 ammo in my area today for $32 per box (50ct. FMJ) and $38 for Cor Bon HP's (20ct.) Thats crazy!!!

2. jbadjones

jbadjones New Member

Feb 28, 2009
    I don't like to bust balls, but I don't think I woulda made the trade myself. But also, I LOVE my taurus 85. And as you stated with the prices and availability problem of .380 I'd rather spend $20 on 50 .38's than $30 on 50 .380's. You feel me knockin? Just my opinion. I do know the .380 is an awesome little gun, so enjoy!

3. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    If your happy, that's all that matters. Not what we may think.

Rick

4. frankalm

frankalm New Member

May 29, 2009
    If you didn't carry your Taurus daily and now you will always have the kt 3at on you.....then that was a great trade.

5. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Knowing what I know now, I would also trade. I qualified with my Taurus 38, but didn't like to carry it, to hard to conceal, and it pulled on my pants. I forget I have my P3at with me, all the time, but ammo is hard to get. got 2 boxes of 50 blazers the other day, for 12.95, first I've been able to get in 6 mo. Don't like it much tho. I've still got 2 boxes of Hornady Critical Defense, for carry. Jim <><

6. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    so long as you are happy. glad it worked for ya

7. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    +1 what Jim said. I carry the P3AT, but practice mostly with my Glock.

Craig

8. oak1971

oak1971 New Member

Jul 23, 2009
    You're happy, he's happy. Sounds good to me. +no paper trail. That is worth something too. ;)

9. JKMprof

JKMprof New Member

Jul 27, 2009
    That seems to be worth about $100 around here, especially to military guys for some reason.
    I guess they feel closer to "the source."

10. morganfd9

morganfd9 Guest

What the others already said.

If your satisfied then it was an awesome trade. Sounds like the p3at is one of the more recent newer ones, with the trigger lock and all.

11. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma

FWIW the tirgger lock is a cylindrical piece of plastic that inserts into the trigger guard behind the trigger & a small padlock that holds it in place.  Standard equipment since day one.

BTW, sounds like a decent trade to me.

12. rkboyer911

rkboyer911 New Member

Aug 17, 2009
    Yup if your happy thats the main thing! I just bought a P3AT 2 weeks ago it only had 7 shots thru it. I got the gun,250 rounds of ammo and the lil zipper case for 195.00 from a buddy that has very big hands and didn't like it at all so I got a good deal I think!

13. catfish308

catfish308 New Member

Dec 6, 2008

FWIW the tirgger lock is a cylindrical piece of plastic that inserts into the trigger guard behind the trigger & a small padlock that holds it in place.  Standard equipment since day one.

BTW, sounds like a decent trade to me.[/quote]

Actually, my 3at (bought this month) had two pieces of plastic that snapped together and had a screw that locks them in. The head of the screw takes a special key.

My PF-9 came with the lock you mentioned which I bought last year.