Good price on .380 and 9mm ammo

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by trekgod3, Mar 13, 2008.

1. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Ok, I scoured the internet for a few days comparing prices. I looked at Cheaperthandirt, midwayusa, sportsmansguide, and a few others. The place with the best prices was Natchez. I got American Eagle 95gr .380 for $9.99/50; Blazer 115gr 9mm for $7.49/50; Blazer 50gr 25 auto for $11.49/50 (for the Baby Browning); and Blazer 230gr 45acp for $10.99/50 (for the cobra patriot). It seemed like all the big name places were totally out of almost everything, especially 250 and 500 packs of ammo. Here in south florida, our local walmart and sports authority don't carry ammo. The ammo prices at the gun show last weekend weren't great either. Hope this helps anyone looking for cheap practice ammo.

2. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    darn, i was getting excited. thought you were talking about blazer BRASS, not the alum. cased stuff. :( i'd cough up some cash for some of that at the right price again. as it is, WM is actually cheaper around here (sadly) and nowhere else has much ammo. :-/

3. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    Yeah, it's the aluminum stuff. I thought I'd give it a try. If the P-11 doesn't like it, I'm sure my Star BM will. :)

4. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Well, let's just say I've invested in some more ammo and it's on the way...

5. +1....Ammo sure as heck is not getting cheaper. My "new gun" $ stash has been converted to "more ammo" $ stash.

I have not seen any across the board DECREASE in ammo anywhere. I do not want to be stuck trying to buy after the elections if things turn sour.

There is no real reason for the prices to be climbing like they are. I think it is much like oil... the prices go up becuase the produceres can demand the price and get it.

6. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

+1....Ammo sure as heck is not getting cheaper. My "new gun" $ stash has been converted to "more ammo" $ stash.

I have not seen any across the board DECREASE in ammo anywhere. I do not want to be stuck trying to buy after the elections if things turn sour.

There is no real reason for the prices to be climbing like they are. I think it is much like oil... the prices go up becuase the produceres can demand the price and get it.
    [/quote]

Ammo prices are going up and stock decreasing because of the war. Supply and demand. It's been very well reported on the news over the past few months. Even law enforcement agencies are having difficulty obtaining ammunition.

7. Moleman

Moleman New Member

Mar 12, 2008
    I hear that China industrializing has a lot to do with the ammo shortage/price hike. They are buying copper and brass like crazy from the world's producers. I know someone who owns an A/C - Heating compnay. Sez the price of new units has doubled to tripled in the past couple of years for the same reason.

Some of our former biggest suppliers in my area can hardly get ammo now, fortunately, there's always a lot at the gun shows and the prices aren't TOO bad.

8. TJB63

TJB63 Member

Feb 25, 2008
    [/quote]Ammo prices are going up and stock decreasing because of the war.  Supply and demand.  It's been very well reported on the news over the past few months.  Even law enforcement agencies are having difficulty obtaining ammunition.[/quote]

Don't buy into that BS -- I'm sure US forces aren't using Wolf 5.56mm, But the price went thru the roof. Moleman is correct in that the Chinese are buying all the raw materials they can get their hands on. It aso has allot to do with the Greed of the manufacturers, They make it and us Fools pay it. What can you do?

9. hotwheels

hotwheels Guest

I don't "buy into BS". I do understand the logical correlation between the war(s) requiring materials and civilian needs being secondary.
    And yes, emerging third world countries like China are buying more materials.
    Greed of manufacturers? ...it's a huge conspiracy with the anti gun proponents.
    And no, US forces are not buying WOLF 5.56mm ammo, but the same materials are used in all ammo.
    Buy a bat... ;)

10. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Ah TJ you hit that one right, Greed, it seems to run big business. Another thought, the shortage and cost of ammo is the back door to gun control. Forgive my blasphemy, what is being done to our sport scares the H... out of me.

11. DannyAves

DannyAves New Member

Dec 31, 2007
    trekgod3 - in South Florida you have to go to Bass pro Shops (they have one in Dade and one in Broward). Good prices with a reasonable variety on the shelf and you just help yourself ...they even have the new Winchester SXZ9 hollow point, the 115 grain with the black coating.

12. trekgod3

trekgod3 New Member

Feb 28, 2006
    Jupiter,FL
    I live up in the Jupiter/Tequesta area, so a trip to broward/dade  just for ammo is not gonna happen. (Especially with gas at $3.49 a gallon)  :)

13. GuyFawkes2008

GuyFawkes2008 New Member

Mar 8, 2008
    Southern Central FL
    Wideners has CCI BLAZER .380 95GR [ALUMINUM CASE] $7.85 PER 50RND BOX save .05 per box for 20 or more boxes

For brass it's 2.04 more per box - $9.89 per 50rnd box

14. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008
    I like Natchez, good people to deal with, and over the past few years their prices have been very good IMHO. :)