Good IWB holster for P3AT?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by learfxr, Jan 2, 2008.

1. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I've been looking around online a bit. Some interesing items I've found aren't offered for the P3AT. I have a pocket holster coming, but I carry my keys in the pocket I'd carry in and don't know if I'll like forcing myself to change my ways. I may like a IWB on my RH side better. Not sure if I like the plastic, nylon, or leather. I have never owned one, so open to ideas.

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I favor pocket carry as it offers advantages that other methods do not, like causually putting your hands in your "pocket" if something doesn't look right.  You can have your hand on the grip with no one ever being the wiser about it, assuming you don't need to come up shooting, which takes less than 1 second.  I would advise a good quality holster and NOTHING else in that pocket.  I like the K&D Pocket Defender 2-in-1 convertable.  They take a few weeks but are worth the wait.  The Desantis Nemasis is a pretty good "cheap" holster.

http://kdholsters.com/pdc.php

3. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    I have the Nemesis on order. I came across it after the Galco pocket protector I ordered went on backorder. I cancelled the Galco order and then found the Nemesis. I may like that, but just not sure. I have the belt clip on my P3AT so it can ride inside the waistband, but I don't think that's a good way to go. I'd rather have trigger protection. I have carried my keys in the front rh pocket for as long as I've ever carried keys. I think it will be possible to learn to change that habbit, but not needed if I find a IWB that I like.

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I'm not sure how your tastes in IWB holsters run but mine tend towards "very simple", "very flat" and "cheap". I have a holster by JMG for every one of my CC handguns (total of six) and highly recommend them.

Here's a link: http://www.jmgholsters.com/iwb.htm

I buy the "IWB 5 Series" for $14.99 and for a couple of dollars more he will make you a custom IWB spare mag pouch.

Great guy to deal with, very well made (but very simple...remember that, this is not a Galco, etc. with spit-shined hand-tooled and oil-stained leather...it's super light, soft and flat) and it's very slender. I think I mentioned that enough...very slim. Less stuff that you have to shove between you and your belt is good IMHO.

The wait time is only...8 to 10 days right now. For a custom holster that is so cheap, that's pretty dang good. You can ask him for custom cants as well if you are so inclined :). I generally ask for a 5 to 10 degree forward cant.

If these aren't your thing, the Uncle Mike's IWB "el cheapo" isn't bad. I have a few of them as well. They are good for sticking in your gym shorts or sweat pants for taking the trash out. They run about $12 or so.

Hope that helps.

5. learfxr

learfxr New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Thanks. I ordered the leather IWB3 I think it was. Still a fair price I think. I'll see how I like it. I ordered it in low rise for best conceilment. Think my spelling sucks.

I'm contacting Comp-Tac to see if they will make one of their models for the P3AT. They have a couple that are made for it, but the model I really like doesn't come for the P3AT. The one I like there sells for $50. The Pro Undercover model

6. Tokamak

Tokamak New Member

Apr 28, 2006
  7. kaltectom

kaltectom New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    This is a Don Humme's that I use..got it on line...think it was around $20
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. 98_1LE

98_1LE New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    +1 for the K&D

I like mine.

9. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I have a Galco USA tuckable IWB holster for my P3AT. It goes for ~$70 + Shipping new.

Here's a link: http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterT3.asp?ProductID=2516&CatalogID=7

It works great but I don't use it much (maybe 3-4 times total) and have been thinking of putting it up for sale. It is essentially brand new. PM me if you might be interested. I was thinking $60 delivered. I can send/post a picture of my actual holster if you would like. The one pictured in the link above is for a Glock subcompact. The one for the P3AT is slighly different as you might expect.