Golden Loki

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nobearsyet, Feb 6, 2011.

1. nobearsyet

nobearsyet New Member

Feb 6, 2011
    Thinking about sending my newly ordered P3AT and SU-16CA to Golden Loki for duracoat, tactical black all over the P3AT, underbrush in Tactical ultra flat colors on the SU-16CA. Anybody got any experience with them? Any pics of their work? Any impressions of there reliability package and triggers on the P3AT?

2. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Best get ahold of Don first. He has a notice on his site;

http://www.goldenloki.com/

Don's work is outstanding. Have not gotten the ultra flat but my My Mark I Ruger is on his gallery page, duracoat 3 color job in flat/matt finishes. Very happy with it;
    16 Snow Gray Brl/Recv - T4 Tactical Dark Earth /frame - 4 Matt Blk sights/trigger/main spring
    http://goldenloki.com/gallery/ruger/mk1/MK1.htm

3. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008
    You can deal with Don with confidence. He is a good man.
    Lop

4. lklawson

lklawson Well-Known Member Supporter

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    Does excellent work. Very communicative; not one of those guys who you send your stuff to and then it falls into a black hole for 6 months and you can't get a-hold of them by phone or email until your gun just magically reappears God-knows-when later.

I had a near perfect experience dealing with him. Highly recommended.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

5. abuck50

abuck50 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2008
    NW Ohio
    He did some work for me and delivered outstanding service!

Craig

6. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Don is good people. He did my PF-9 in 2009. You can trust him 100% of the time. If he says it, it's the truth.

7. Pb_Slinger

Pb_Slinger New Member

Feb 4, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Another [smiley=thumbsup.gif] for Don!  I've "known" him since '97 or '98 when his site went "live" on the interwebs.  I can't believe it has been 13 or 14 years since then!!!  :eek:  He posted some of the first chrono data I found online for an 8mm Turkish Mauser, and was quite receptive to my questions/inputs about mine.  He also did GREAT work on one of my g1 P32's before he really got into all the smithing he does now.

PS - He is also a KTOG sponsor in case you hadn't noticed.

8. orangehole

orangehole Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I just rec'd my slide back from Don. He does real nice work. I took my boring dull top half and sent it to Golden Loki and I am very happy with his work. I did the reliability pkg plus duracote the slide Blue Tiatnium and had the barrel hood polished. Here are some pics. I really should stay quiet because I bet his wait times will get longer but I want to praise Don for his work and communication skills. I asked tons of questions and Don was able to answer them all.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Don is now accepting guns for Duracoating and reliability prep.

10. orangehole

orangehole Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Oh and I forgot to mention all the work done to my P3AT was only $65 shipped.