Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
The other option is to practice point shooting. Out to 10 yrds it is pretty easy to hit a man size target by point shooting. Hardest part is to get past the idea sights are required to hit a target and to believe you can do it.

Pck

·
Registered
12 Posts
totally respect point shooting
totally respect using sights too.

Very interested in Laser as an additional option.

I like that laser allows the operator to focus on the threat, like point shooting does.

aside from the cost of the laser, what are some other pros and cons to putting a Laser on pistol?

anyone here that chooses to use a Laser on a pistol, what do you like about it?

anyone here who tried a Laser on a pistol, and decided not to use it, can you share some of your reasons?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Great info on this thread.

Newbie here, to guns and to SD. Retired old fart. Every year or so they give me stronger and stronger eyeglasses.

Rather than getting into the pros and cons of why a 22lr is or isn't good for sd, let's suppose I may have to use it for that purpose some day.
  1. I may not even have my glasses on before I have to shoot.
  2. Even if I'm wearing my glasses, I may not have time to aim well.
  3. Given 1 and 2 above, having a laser, probably green, will probably help my shooting be more on target, and I'm probably going to get one for both my CP33 and my P17.
Here's my question, which I haven't seen discussed much. Assuming I have mounting room, which is better, a laser flashlight combo, or two separate gadgets?

Your analysis will probably be more helpful than your conclusions.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Being new here, not sure about the protocols. On some groups, I'd be slammed for hijacking the thread. On others, if I made a new thread, they'd refer me to this one. Haven't read the Miss Manners rules for this group, and not wanting to melt any snowflakes. I am trainable.

·
Registered
140 Posts
just caught up to this thread, Interesting.

Been carrying a gun for more than 40 years. Last fall I picked up a pocket 9 with an integral laser. I tried it but didn't like it. Had a hard time focusing on the target and the laser jumping around was very distracting. I ended up selling/trading that gun for something else. My old eyes don't see the front sight very well anymore but fiber optic front sights help a lot.

I do have a laser mounted on a 10/22 I made up for my daughter when she moved out of the house. It is very easy and fast to point and shoot from the hip. I think it is easier to point and shoot a long gun from the hip using a laser than a handgun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put one on mine because I can't see the front sights. Paid $90 for a green laser from Academy. Works great in low light but not in bright sun light. Beer can accurate at 25 yards in low light.

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts

Newbie here, to guns and to SD. Retired old fart. Every year or so they give me stronger and stronger eyeglasses.

Rather than getting into the pros and cons of why a 22lr is or isn't good for sd, let's suppose I may have to use it for that purpose some day.
  3. Given 1 and 2 above, having a laser, probably green, will probably help my shooting be more on target, and I'm probably going to get one for both my CP33 and my P17.
Here's my question, which I haven't seen discussed much. Assuming I have mounting room, which is better, a laser flashlight combo, or two separate gadgets?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Being new here, not sure about the protocols. On some groups, I'd be slammed for hijacking the thread. On others, if I made a new thread, they'd refer me to this one. Haven't read the Miss Manners rules for this group, and not wanting to melt any snowflakes. I am trainable.
Olight Baldr Mini is a light laser. It fits a P17 just fine. I use one on my Canik TP9 Elite SC that I carry every day.

·
Registered
271 Posts

Thank you in advance.

As a rule combo gadgets are rarely the best option.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Here is a question I rarely see asked, or answered. Does anyone actually carry a pistol with a laser in a holster? If so how do you draw and fire under stress? It's hard enough with a slim line pistol, or revolver, let alone with the added bulk of a laser attached.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts