Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be headed for Capt'n Morgan's hideway a hour up the coase from her to sample some of his Private Stock along with some of my Crown. Hopefully we will not get so blasted that we sleep late. Gotta get to the gunshow in San Antonio by 9ish. It is at least a couple of hours from his place.

:Gonna be beating the bushes for a J frame, preferably used. But I have looked at new ones at Academy Sprts for the last few months. The S&Ws, Taurus, and Rossi. Not like I really need another. Have a S&W Mod 60, Taurus 85, and Colt Cobra, all in .38 spl. and a 2 3/4" Ruger Service Six in .357. The Ruger is not exactly a hideout gun due to the size, weight a Hogue rubber grips for control. But it is a snub,sorta.

I had a little 1K to blow on stuff that I had left over from the last few gunshows, but the old lady snagged more than half. Always some B.S. like house insurance, income tax, tires for the daughter's car or some other unessary crap. Anyway, I still have about 5 bills to blow and I am taking a few clunkers to swap or sell cause they did not meet my expectations.

Will be beating the bushes, checking backpacks, murses, (man purses) fanny packs, pistol rugs, and long gun bags for anything good and CHEAP of course. In particular for these.

Revovers of the S&W, Ruger, Colt variety. Vintage stuff preferred.

AKs of any make if I can get them cheap. Plenty of new ones on the tables.

Lever guns, in .30-30 cal. Need a beater Marlin or Winch for truck carry at the other ranch. Will be doing some brush clearing again this year. Recently got a minty Marlin in .35 Rem, but it is too nice to carry in the brush. Also reload the .30-30 and have lotta brass. Prefer a Marlin, but can live with the other.

Always see plenty of poly guns in the Taurus, Springer, and Glock flavors. Only if they are cheap. Not likely except for the Taurus.

Was expecting to go for 2 days with the wife, but it did not work out. Anyway, will make it Sat. with Capt'n Morgan.

TxCajun, If you are around there look us up. You know were to find me. Hawking guns by the front door. Well, for as long as they let me get away with it. Probably be wearing my Longhorns ballcap. The A&M cap doesn't go over too well in San Anto and Austin area.:D

·
Administrator
31,975 Posts
TxCajun, If you are around there look us up. You know were to find me. Hawking guns by the front door. Well, for as long as they let me get away with it. Probably be wearing my Longhorns ballcap. The A&M cap doesn't go over too well in San Anto and Austin area.:D
I'll be working in the morning but might stop by on the way home in the early afternoon.

·
Fido for short
5,409 Posts
Hey Pancho,
Give us a show report when you get back.
Ill be waiting to hear what you stole this time.:D

Im going to alocal show Sat morn, turkey hunt Sat afternoon.
Im mostly going for parts and accessrys, but never know what I might pick up and unable to lay it down.;):)

Send some PV majic up my way Saturday.

Jim

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'll be working in the morning but might stop by on the way home in the early afternoon.
We plan to be there by 9 or so. More people in the aisle forme to fleece. But we will be going the 181 route fhrough Beeville, Kennedy and Karnes City. Wife and I drove up that way to Austin area last weekend. The usually quiet road was backed up with 18 wheelers hauling pipe, water, mud etc to all the fracking wells in that area. Looked like Austin traffic all the way to San Marcos when we got off on 80 also. We had to work our way back the long way through San Anto to take the freeway to 37. Had to drive the extra miles, but it took less time. Looks like the Capt'n and I will be going the 181 route all the way to San Anto. Might be late unless we get a real early start.

Should be at the show till 4-5 I hope. If ya come, make sure ya get my attention due to my poor eyesight. Iusually take rest stops at the door to the restrooms just around the corner from the promoter's table. All the other vultures will be roosting there cause the crowd moves in that direction as they come in. Or I will periodically be circling the area looking for stuff.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Pancho,
Give us a show report when you get back.
Ill be waiting to hear what you stole this time.:D

Im going to alocal show Sat morn, turkey hunt Sat afternoon.
Im mostly going for parts and accessrys, but never know what I might pick up and unable to lay it down.;):)

Send some PV majic up my way Saturday.

Jim
O.k. fido,

We will send you some hangover mojo. Gunshow vodoo. And Yoda says "May the force be with you." compadre.::D

I need to find a few things also. So I will be looking on a few tables when the crowd thins. Need a rubber grip for the Dan Wesson .357 I got recently. It is a [email protected] accurate gun, but the small wood grips suc. Also need something similar for the Colt Cobra. It is an early 50s gun with the longer style Detective Special/ Police Postive size frame. Probably won't find any used. Might have to go to the T-grip adapter if I can find one of those. Newer DiK Special grips won't fit the frame.

Have a good one!

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, finally got back from the gunshow and 3 nights of good food and drink. Had to extend my weekend due to a Dr.'s appt. I had forgotten on Monday. Stopped there on the way back.
Missed you at the gunshow TxCajun. We got there a bit late, like 10 a.m. Left early after an o.k. day. Well it was for me anyway. I dumped some I did not want to keep and got a few more I will report on. Capt'n Morgan spent the whole day looking for a reasonably priced Ruger Single Six in the 4 5/8" barrel length. It was for his son. About all we could find were used ones in the 450+ range. A couple just under 5 bills, like new. Seemed really hight so he decided he may go for a 4" barrel Taurus 94 revo. in .22 mag. Even those were close to 4 bills used with tax. I did ny thing and we left by 4:30.

Trying to getr some $ out of anyone was not good. Tought I was going to have to get a crowbar to pry wallets out of pockets.

·
Registered
539 Posts
:Gonna be beating the bushes for a J frame, preferably used. . . . :D
Love my Smith Bodyguard in .357 mag with "hip-grips" on it. One wheelgun I will never part with. Even though 90% of my handguns are autloaders, I have a few favorite revolvers. I like my bull barrel Smith 65, too.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try an eaa vindacator made in germany and at round 260.00 you cant beat them.
Had something similar back in the old days. Think the same gun was sold then as the Arminius Snub. IIRC, there were several importers of the German manuf. revo. Good snub, just really heavy, DA trigger was heavy, finish was not great. I hear that the guns are much better now. Much the same size as a med frame comestic .357. EAA now has most of those old imports and they are much better now. Alrady have a heavy med frame magnum snub. Want something smaller.

Been thinking along the lines of the J frame S&W .357 mentioned by KTFreak. Prefer a "humpback" shrowded hammer model, or hammer model. Not so much a DA only one. Justr don't wanna pay new gun price for one. Always looking at the shows for a reasonable used one off an individual. Something will eventually turn up even if a .38 spl. I have an old Mod 60, but it is heavy in stainless. Don't carry it much now. Got a light weight Colt Cobra. It's just a bit bigger than the J frame and one more round. Really wanna magnum J frame.

·
Registered
21 Posts
smith 642 is my carry gun most of the time. may change the more i shoot my pf9 now alot more thinnnnnner for my increasing fatttttttter

·
Grand Poobah
2,252 Posts
I picked up a S&W model 38 at the last gun show I attended. ($250)
It is a bodyguard style 38 special with the Aluminum frame.
Perfect size and weight for pocket carry.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I picked up a S&W model 38 at the last gun show I attended. ($250)
It is a bodyguard style 38 special with the Aluminum frame.
Perfect size and weight for pocket carry...
I have that same model in nickel, it was my grandmother's gun (the blued 36 with it was my grandfather's)...

I have the original boxes/papers for those, as well.

:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts