God Member?

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by czdj, Apr 10, 2008.

1. czdj

czdj Guest

Jan 4, 2008
    What is a "God Member"? Is this related to post count?

2. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

3. czdj

czdj Guest

Jan 4, 2008
    Seems to me that is some awfully lofty company to be keeping... Good luck with that! Wouldn't "KTOG Guru" work just as well?

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The rankings by post count are newbie, jr member, full member, sr member, god member. Those are the default settings for this software. We didn't make them up.

5. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Generally, I tend to agree. Now that I have somehow managed to progress to that status, the title "God Member," sometimes feels a bit uncomfortable to me. I would not mind if the members here voted on or suggested a change. On the other hand it's the tradition of this forum and is really harmless in this context. After a short while here you will discover that there are some honest to goodness true Guru's here - but that there are no gods. I am neither.

Welcome to KTOG!

6. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    I don't consider myself a god at all. I've only been registered a year, and average about 1.5 posts per day. Hardly obsessive, if you ask me.

Judging someone's worth by their post count is tricky. Sometimes it works, but it will often backfire on you.

7. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Big plus one on that!

In some cases (me for example) it just means I have way too much time on my hands at work and or don't know when to keep my mouth shut. ;)

8. czdj

czdj Guest

Jan 4, 2008
    Ahhhhhhhhhh, I see... It's a YaBB feature. Can you change them?

9. Mark_F

Mark_F Guest

Mar 29, 2008
    Most everything in YaBB is tunable. I use YaBB for my forum on RC Aircraft. It isn't the greatest, but the price is right. http://www.flygsw.org/

10. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    I am:

A) all for Guru instead of God, and
    B) a classic example of post count not having much to do with worth.

-Scott

11. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I say change it to GURU

Dan

12. spence13e

spence13e Well-Known Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    that might not be a bad idea, i'd be for it. and +1 to rat. had WAYYYY too much time in iraq to chill here, didn't even know what KT was when i found the board. now i own 3 of them??? and want more??? whoops, the addict thread is a while different subject entirely! but yeah, i remember hitting God status and it was kinda strange, especially since i still didn't even OWN a KT. how's that for worthless garble?

13. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 Guest

Sep 19, 2006
    Worthless garble is generally what one posts late at night, after returning to the hotel, from a drinking trip adventure to the bar across the street.

::)

Fun discussion, though, yes?

14. czdj

czdj Guest

Jan 4, 2008
    x2

15. KelTekCajun

KelTekCajun New Member

May 11, 2006
    Acadiana
    I think this is much to do about nothing important.

16. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Not to mention that the Ruger Forum uses "Guru". We have used the default settings (god, etc) for quite a few years over a few forum versions and over a million posts, I'd guess. I think we are good. ;)

17. 3wbdriver

3wbdriver Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Nov 2, 2005
    Louisiana
    Agreed.  Besides GURU is one of them thar furun words.  I hear enough of those in a day.  Speaka de Engleesh!  Maybe Mentor?   ;D

Besides, my being a MODERATOR instead of a God hasn't made me feel anymore ALL POWERFUL.   :D

Not to step on anyones sensibilities, but there are more important things going on in the world.   ;)

18. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
    I will admit to being just a little uncomfortable with affixing the title of "God" to members who reach a 500 (or any) post count. I would prefer something like "K.T.O.G. Honcho". Is "honcho" a foreign word too?

On a more practical note, how do you make a hyperlink appear as "To email Wal-Mart click here" for instance, with "here" being the hyperlink, instead of "To email Wal-Mart click here: http://www.snowflakesinhell.com/2008/04/14/let-them-know-how-you-feel/ " ?

19. Packer

Packer Guest

May 14, 2005
      UH! It's too late for us to start getting "PC." No matter how we would whitewash it, We like those infernal GUNS here. No amount of semantics is ever going to put us right with the "Other" side.

Besides, for myself, I would vote for ever more titles for each subsequent 500 posts.  :D

Packer: Supreme Poobah, Exalted Poobah, Omniscient Poobah, Royal Poobah, A cut above Eagle Poobah, Eagle Poobah, Venerable Poobah, Higher Class Poobah, High Class Poobah, Extra Special Poohbah, Special Poobah, Grand Poobah, Poohbah, God Member.

20. TxCajun

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas