Glow Inc sights on the P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by engineer88, Apr 30, 2008.

1. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Just wanted to share to give others the idea. This first pic is about 5 seconds after hitting it with my Fenix P1:

[​IMG]

The second is 5 minutes later. Now to be fair it is a bit brighter to the eye then what is showing up in the picture:

[​IMG]

Just wanted to give others a visual idea of how it turns out. It is not really all that fantastic, but ok. The dull light goes on for about an hour and then is almost completely gone. It does have a very faint almost not noticeable glow for many hours, but I am not even sure it would be enough to sight with in pitch black, let alone low light. Still, my sights are definitely more visible in regular daylight even. Oh yeah and this is the super duper Glow V10 one for the record. I will post what it looks like in full light in a minute here.

2. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Sorry about the flash, but it is bedtime, so 3 attempts at a half way decent pic is all you get, sorry! :p

[​IMG]

You can't tell too well from the pic, but there is a slight yellow hue to the paint. Which sets it off nice in my opinion. Anyhow, I hope this helps some of you decide what way to go with the limited options on these little pocket rockets. Overall I am happy with it, but it dang sure ain't no tritium that is for sure. Over all rating:

Daytime: 8.5 out of 10 (it looks nice and clean and was easy to do)
    Nightime: 1.5 out of 10 (due to the glow lasting such a short time)

BTW it is very durable so far. One week in the pocket and no damage whatsoever from riding in my Nemesis pocket holster.

3. PshootR

PshootR Banned

Apr 1, 2005
  4. engineer88

engineer88 New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Just to post an update. I carry the P3AT almost every day and a couple of months have gone by and I have suffered no damage to the paint even after cleaning with CLP after range sessions. It is still all in all better then nothing and one of the more easy solutions out there. I would prefer to drill the front sight and put a tritium insert or at least a nice fiber optic, but I am nowhere near that competent nor do I have the time so this has been a nice compromise.