Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did you forget the pics
I didn't, life just got in the way. My brother died suddenly/unexpectedly and I had to fly out of the country to arrange his funeral and get all his affairs in order... then for the last couple of months... well, I'm in Healthcare and also teach Critical Care Nursing at a University and I've been having to work extra shifts at the Hospital plus suddenly change all my curriculum to online format. However, your question reminded me of this and the project I wanted to complete and so after a few hours spent (not worrying about Covid19 and Zoom lectures), here is the result:

The MagSight will not work on the rail on the bottom of the buttstock - the design is canted - taking a Dremel to it would have allowed me to secure one bolt, but I could tell this wasn't going to be sufficient to stabilize it, plus with the placement of the catch one end of the mag would stick out, and while you could place it in your armpit this wouldn't be comfortable or ergonomic. I was able to mount it with an mLok to Picattiny adaptor just rear of the long-relief Scout Scope (I can't use a RedDot due to astigmatism). So I looked for more solutions and not finding any good ones decided to make my own.

I considered 3d printing but most research led me to believe the end product might end up too brittle and prone to cracking and didn't want to go through all the trial and error of testing multiple mediums. I decided upon Kydex as that has a solid history of working well with guns and mags. I had no prior experience working with it, so first I made a couple of 12ga shotgun shell holders which turned out great, first cutting a template out of paper, then cardboard to figure out all the folds, and finally the Kydex. I felt confident enough that when I made the mag-holder I went straight from paper to Kydex. In this first iteration it only holds the single Glock mag, but I intend to make another one eventually that also holds a small plastic case intended to carry two 18650 batteries, but which I've confirmed will perfectly carry one 18650 battery for my Klarus light, two 1/3n batteries for the Crimson Trace laser, and the three different hex wrenches required to tighten or unmount everything from the Sub2000.

I'm very happy with the end result - it holds the mag firmly, but it's easy to take out and it even adds enough length to the buttstock to add a LimbSaver recoil pad (the one on it is from my Benelli Shotgun, sized Medium, so I think the Long one will fit on it better). The gun still folds up perfectly and fits in my Vertx Dead Letter Sling bag perfectly.
Fictional character
Paper Paper product
Illustration Design Font Graphic design Art
Gun accessory Airsoft gun Leather
Firearm Gun Rifle Trigger Machine gun
Gun Firearm Trigger Rifle Machine gun
Gun Airsoft gun Air gun Trigger Gun accessory

·
Registered
1 Posts
71L,

I hope you are doing well!

Can you please tell me the type of magazine holder that is on your Sub2K in the attached pictures below? I have looked all over but cannot locate a similar holder - I'm working with several options and this actually looks to be the most secure.

Thank you very much!

Dave
Camera accessory Cameras & optics Camera lens Auto part Personal protective equipment
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Auto part

21 - 23 of 23 Posts