Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the Forum and I just got my Sub 2000 Glock 9mm. New gun to me but I'm not new to 9mm guns by any means.

Without digging through hundreds of posts I would like help with a few simple questions.

1. Besides the Genuine Factory Glock Mags does anyone else make magazines that are quality and work well in the SUB 2000?

2. Who has the best hands-down price on Factory 17 round Mags and 33 round mags?

3. Who has the best price on quality non-factory glock 17 and 33 round mags?

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
I only use Glock factory mags. Best prices I've found were on Botachtactical.com.
I believe they sell the Korean mags also.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd be leery of botach. I had a real bad experience with them as have many others. Google their customer service.
As to the mags, I only use factory mags. Hanging a bunch of weight from the mag catch just isn't a great idea IMHO.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check out CDNNinvestments.com, I got two KCI 15 rnds and a 31 rnds Glock 22 for right at $45 with shipping. These are Korean glock copies and they have the 9mm in stock too. I shot the heck out of them Saturday with zero issues.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only use Glock factory mags. Best prices I've found were on Botachtactical.com.
I believe they sell the Korean mags also.
If you do order from them I recomend that you call them to place your order
and not use the web order form.
Thats what I do when I order anything from them,and I havent had any issues so far.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have 9 of the Korean 31 rd mags. Forgot who I ordered em from but got em at $11 each and they work great. I have had no issue with them. The reason I got em so cheap is they were on sale and the more you bought the lower the price was.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I want to try them in my glock 17. I saw two in the package last weekend at the gun show. they were priced $6.42 ea. I passed on them. should grabbed them and took the $13 gamble.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
For range shooting the KCI 17 & 33 round mags I got from CDNN a Year or so ago have been just fine.

If you're not on CDNN's email list, get on it. They have weekly specials and often have Factory G-17 mags for around $22 each, KCI G-17 mags for under $10 and KCI 33 round mags $15-$19. 'Weekend Special' shipping is usually only $5-$6.

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/glock.html

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/specials.html

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
You can swap the Gen4 Glock's mag release from Left to Right side and the mag release cut is at the corner of the mag, so....
Dual Cut for Left or Right mag releases.

And Drop Free... Supposedly slick enough to Drop Free of the grip.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks !! :)

Sooooo ... I guess it's OK to use just about any factory Glock mag in the Sub2k?

You can swap the Gen4 Glock's mag release from Left to Right side and the mag release cut is at the corner of the mag, so....
Dual Cut for Left or Right mag releases.

And Drop Free... Supposedly slick enough to Drop Free of the grip.

·
Super Moderator
17,765 Posts
You might want to read the last couple pages of the thread linked below. It is as far as I know the only one having this problem, but I really don't have any newer gen magazines to look at myself. But other than that as far as I know any Glock magazine will work in the Sub as long as it is long enough to reach the catch.

http://www.thektog.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231435&page=7

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've updated the thread that 3wbdriver has provided a link for above, and added a picture of the different generation of Glock magazines. He is right, any Glock magazine will work, as well as the Korean Kahn and KCI mags, but you may experience issues due to the varying lengths of the magazines as I did. The newest generation magazine has an additional magazine catch notch, but that only affects their use in the Gen 4 Glock pistols when moving the magazine release to the opposite side of the frame. If you were to move the magazine release, you wouldn't be able to use the older Glock magazines in the pistol without moification to the magazine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts