Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

Glock 9MM 50rd Drum Magazine

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  s2g2 
#1 ·
Anyone tried one on their SUB2000 yet?...Looks like they'd work flawlessly and if you watch the vid in the link below?...the drum even has a speed loader feature built-in...cool stuff but at $150 ea?...you could have 4-5 33rd Glock Happy Stix but nevertheless?..I think the 50rd drum cool and under the wrong circumstances could come in real handy and?...actually economical as compared too the $390 100R dual drum mags! LOL!

Here's the link...watch the vid. ;)

http://www.glockstore.com/Glock-9MM-50RD-Drum-Magazine

#3 ·
I don't have one, but I've witnessed one being run on a G19 at my local range. Worked flawlessly. This was the SGM brand (Korea).
I just found them online for $40. Looks like they have them in stock. Mississippi Auto Arms

Another positive review - [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KghkFluEoU[/ame]

#9 ·
Ive got one. Its neat. But after using it, I still prefer 2-33 round mags over a 50 round drum. Now if it was 75 rounds that might tip the scale....:rolleyes:
My one concern is that the feed lips are not metal so will wear out quickly.
Thanks folks...that's the sort of info I was looking for...I would've never spent $150 but the SGM price point was enticing to say the least however?...

Like 850sub alluded too above?...(and thank you for that)...here were my thoughts and concerns....

1. Cumbersome to tote?

2. How well for how long will the Keltec mag catch hold up too all that weight getting pounded around?

3. Slow, Cumbersome Mag Changes?

so as cool as it is (or may seem)?...call me boring but I think I'll stick with the 33rd factory glock stix.

Thanks again, Bill. :)

#10 · (Edited)
It seems to be well suited to the Sub 2K, and I'm sure we will see a few of them in action considering the current sale price. My friends at X-Products are working on an Aluminum drum mag for 9mm Glock, but it's not going to be ready until just before Christmas.

#11 ·
Curses you for mentioning X Products. I've been see sawing between theirs and the Magpul one for the ARs. Now I might have to acquire a Glock version from them lol.

Honestly with the political climate the way it has been you never know when someone will tell me I "am not allowed" to have something. We all work hard for our hard earned money and should be able to purchase any size capacity of magazine we choose. So while not always the most practical magazine choice I've been buying higher capacity ammo feeding devices while I'm "still allowed" before someone tells me otherwise. :( Also while they are still affordable I might add.

I had no practical need for the drum other than I just wanted one and I agree I prefer using my 33 rounders with my Sub2k. The drum does add some considerable weight and its a bulkier profile. Gets looks at the range though especially hanging on the bottom on my G19 ;) Because of the way its designed loading the drum to full capacity is uber easy compared to trying to squeeze in those last rounds into the extended happy sticks so theres one positive. Sadly doesn't lock back on a Glock slide (mute point in a Sub2k) so there ya go.

If its not worth spending 50 bucks on it for you then utilize that money towards a few more extended sticks or some boxes of ammo.

YMMV as usual.

#12 ·
Yep, drum mags definitely fit into my list of wants, not needs.
Compared to what I paid for my X-14 & X-15 drum mags, this one for $50.00 is a real bargain.
As long as you have reliable standard mags, why not have a reliable drum mag?

#13 ·
I had not tried the drum magazine in my used (but new to me) S2K, so loaded up 50 rounds yesterday. I got one stovepipe FTE and another really interesting FTE that was jammed in the receiver so bad it took my Leatherman to extract all the pieces. These are the first two failures I've had with the rifle, all my other magazines are Glock made. I have not spent that much time with the gun yet so it may not be due to the Korean magazine.

#19 ·
I have had a couple of these drums. I haven't tried them in any of my pistols (and don't really plan to do so), but they worked just fine in my SUB2K and both of my Oly 9mm AR SBRs. I don't see me using them much because of their bulk and weight loaded, but I wanted a couple "just because." :eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.