Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added a Taran Tactical +2 baseplate to a G42 mag. Got the best of both worlds - 8 rounds instead of 6 and a full grip on the gun.

FB025881-BD0A-4C3E-8CFC-0814610F44ED.jpeg E3082762-40BD-4B56-B559-2272B4C7C596.jpeg

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I prefer the look and feel (after some smoothing) of Strike Industries +2 over the Taran, or Ghost. That said, SI relies on stock springs. It works, but causes a suspicion.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I prefer the look and feel (after some smoothing) of Strike Industries +2 over the Taran, or Ghost. That said, SI relies on stock springs. It works, but causes a suspicion.
Zaitcev, I looked at the SI mag extension after seeing your post. I would agree that I like the appearance better than the TT because it has a contoured finger groove. And I definately like the price of the SI model better than the TT.
It’s my understanding that TT originally sold the +2 without a spring and customers started complaining about feeding problems. As a result they added a longer (stronger?) spring to the package. I think hickoc45 has a utube video where he mentions he bougt the original, sans spring, and complained to the CEO/owner of SI about feeding problems. SI sent him a new mag spring and everything worked fine. I assume that was the start of selling the +2 with a new spring. BTW - the +1 from TT does not include a new spring.

Reactions: zaitcev

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed the MagGuts follower, gives you 7 rounds, but factory floorplate, installed on 2 mags, never had a problem.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Zaitcev, I looked at the SI mag extension after seeing your post. I would agree that I like the appearance better than the TT because it has a contoured finger groove. And I definately like the price of the SI model better than the TT.
It’s my understanding that TT originally sold the +2 without a spring and customers started complaining about feeding problems. As a result they added a longer (stronger?) spring to the package. I think hickoc45 has a utube video where he mentions he bougt the original, sans spring, and complained to the CEO/owner of SI about feeding problems. SI sent him a new mag spring and everything worked fine. I assume that was the start of selling the +2 with a new spring. BTW - the +1 from TT does not include a new spring.
I just got a like on this post so I went back and reread it. I messed up the original post. I can’t blame it on too many beers because I don’t drink anymore. So I’ll just have to blame it on old age. Correction - HICKOK45 TALKED/CONTACTED THE CEO/OWNER OF TARAN TACTICAL, NOT STRIKE INDUSTRIES. TARAN TACTICAL SENT HICKOK45 A NEW SPRING. Sorry for the mistake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts