1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
660 Posts
I've owned the 17 and 19 in the past (Gen2's). I now carry a 22 for duty (Gen4). They simply work, don't they? I'm not a huge fan of the grip angle since I have wrist injury coupled with smaller hands. The Glocks tend to roll my wrist forward more than Browning designs. However, after just completing another Q-Course with the G22, I'm starting to have a love affair with it. I have never had a single FTF/E with any of my Glocks, past or present. My favorite guns will still always be my 1911's.

Congrat's on your purchase. Hope yours serves you as well as mine has served me.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
The Glocks tend to roll my wrist forward more than Browning designs. However, after just completing another Q-Course with the G22, I'm starting to have a love affair with it.
That grip angle rolling the wrist forward, into a handshake, tennis racket grip is what helps a lot of shooters into a locked wrist and seems to allow (especially) new shooters get good groupings right off the bat.

For those of us who grew up with revolvers and 1911s though, that angle takes some getting used to.

I carried a G-19 for about 20 Yrs before I started pocket carrying the PF-9. I've pretty much retired my G-19 and have added a G-26 to the mix. With the Pierce grip extension, it's a great little gun.

My wife traded her Ruger SR9c (also a nice little pistol) for a G-26 and it's now her carry pistol.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
congrats , I have a 27 love it but dosn't carry as easy as a pf9

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
congrats , I have a 27 love it but dosn't carry as easy as a pf9
^What that guy said^

I just wish they would have put a rail on the G4 27 or 26. I would trade mine in then. The wife carries a G26 for work and I like them both.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Congrats, I have a G26 and I agree 100% with RobzKT the pearce grip extension makes it a sweet little carry piece. I have hundreds of rounds down range and so do my kids and my wife, all completely trouble free. Very accurate for it's size too. I use 147grn gold dots for carry, but to be honest,the gun is not particular what you put through it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts