Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make a g26 version of the sub? The pistol grip on my sub seems smaller than the grip on my actual glock 19.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Do they make a g26 version of the sub? The pistol grip on my sub seems smaller than the grip on my actual glock 19.
It's weird, the Sub in G17 is like a Glock 19. The Sub in G19 is just the K-T 17 grip cut down and it is very small for my hand. There is no G26 from Kel-Tec.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
No. Due to the design of the Sub the grip is shorter than the corresponding Glock pistol. The magazine needs to go deeper into the Sub to reach the higher set chamber/barrel. Hence the G19 Sub seems short, and a G26 version would have almost no grip extending below the trigger guard. You would be lucky to get just a bad finger wrap on the grip.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh makes sense. Thanks for answering that. It's something I've been wondering since I purchased my sub.

·
Registered
124 Posts
sub 2000 cut down to glock 26 mag??

i know for most people it would be too small but has anyone done it??
you could always get the "sleeves" that fill the gap to go on the magazines

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
Can't vouch for whether it would be free. But even if they charged labor I believe it is a flat $40.

As for your Glock 26 question, I believe it has been done, but you literally end up with just enough grip to get a one finger wrap below the trigger guard. The grip lengths below the trigger guard between the Sub2K and a Glock pistol do not match because the barrel bore is higher in the Sub.

·
Super Moderator
17,763 Posts
You would barely have room for one finger below the trigger guard. Not as big an issue with a rifle as with a handgun, but there it is. But it is your Sub. Of course those who want to see someone else experiment may have long waits if they are unwilling to experiment themselves..... ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I added the Magpul Speedplate to the bottom of my Glock 19 mags. they added the extra space for my pinkie and they give you something to grab onto when swapping mags. Ironically The Magpul Speedplates don't fit on the Magpul PMags only the factory Glock Mags.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I really don't understand why anyone would want a Sub with a grip shorter than the 17. I understand wanting commonality in magazines, but magazines are easy to conceal. If I was carrying a 19 or 26, my spare mag would be one for a 17. Why carry anything shorter?

·
Registered
870 Posts
I really don't understand why anyone would want a Sub with a grip shorter than the 17. I understand wanting commonality in magazines, but magazines are easy to conceal. If I was carrying a 19 or 26, my spare mag would be one for a 17. Why carry anything shorter?
I thought about cutting my gen1 down to match my P11 but had the same thought. When I carry the P11 I carry a 15 round spare so there is no reason the Subbie to be shorter.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Glock 26 sub? LOL What is that the CA Version... Seems like Cali has to have there own dumb downed version of there guns they will let your own.

·
Registered
254 Posts
If I was carrying a 19 or 26, my spare mag would be one for a 17. Why carry anything shorter?
Ding! Ding! We have a winner!

Just got a 19. I carry a G17 mag or two for back ups. My G27 is bi-polar. I usually carry the 10 when pocket carrying, and a 12 or 13 with a Glock or Pearce extension for IWB.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts