Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife carries her P-32 daily. I inherited some Glaser Blue 55gr Safety Slugs and have them loaded, alternating with Corbon 60gr JHP. I carry a G-29, 10mm with 175gr Silvertips and really don't know much about the effectiveness of the GBSS out of the P-32. I would have her carry something bigger, but a bird in the hand is worth a .45 in the night stand!

Thanks for your thoughts..

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
A hot european FMJ is your best bet for the 32acp. There should be quite a few threads on the subject if you want to search for some. Glaser would be just about my last choice. They are way to expensive to test fire for reliability and they either fragment and cause a shallow wound that may not reach the vitals or they act like really, really expensive FMJ. I use S&B FMJ and a couple PowRball for my wife's P32. The extra mags are all S&B.

You may want to look up rim lock in the 32acp as well. It's another good reason to use FMJ.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The .32 ACP has marginal penetration at best. The Glaser bullet is not really going to expand, it is going to shatter when it hits any hard surface like a rib. There will be a nasty looking wound, but little penetration. You are way better off shooting FMJ ammo out of that 32 ACP. The most important thing for gunshot effectiveness is penetration. You must get enough penetration to be able to damage major organs and blood vessels in order to cause a large enough leak for the BG to exsanguinate quickly. the FBI minimum requirement is 12 inches of penetration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts