Glad I found this place

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by rebootit, Mar 25, 2011.

1. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Great forum! Had my p38t for a couple of weeks and already put 500+ through it. Well broken in and proven to replace my S&W 38sp airweight. Airweight has been my backpacking gun for about 10 years and has been refinished by Smith once and really due again. This little KT is sweet. Yeah it is snappy (understatement if there ever was one) but in 500 rounds I had one FTF and it was round 297 when the gun was filthy. I didn't clean the rails, wanted to see how far I could push it. I was so sold I talked my business partner into one too. He bought his on Monday and replaced his 357 Ruger with it. How he carried that 5 pound monster all the time I will never know!
    We have our FFL pending. Waiting for the interview. This is one brand of gun we want to customize and sell. Keeping our fingers crossed. Getting licensed in this day and age with a communist president is not easy.

2. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Feb 16, 2011
    My new HC just had 150 rounds through it in its original range session, with no problems. I agree that the P3AT can be depended on. Good luck with your FFL. Wish I had a reasonably priced FFL locally, but I am still glad to support my LGS at their prices. I can't seem to find enough time to get to the range now! :)

3. ksmoose

ksmoose New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    rebootit, had my p3at for 6 yrs nary a problem. Good luck on the FFl, I have a buddy with 1 and it is handy for me. What customizing are you planning for the p3at?

4. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG.

I agree it is a great forum. I first came here because I had several issues with my P3AT but with the help and advise I got here I was able to get it up and running. Lied it so much I got a second one!

Bill K.

5. rebootit

rebootit New Member

Mar 25, 2011
    St. Petersburg FL
    Since we own a sign installation and service shop and do a lot of restoration work on signs that are grandfathered and can't be replaced we have a pretty decent paint shop. I am a fan of the Duracoat products and love doing custom paint jobs on my guns and well as other people who ask me. Lots of friends have blued guns they carry and here in Fl. the climate and sweat factor is pretty hard on the finishes. Duracoat was the only solution for some of them. To be able to ship guns of course you need the FFL. My partner has a home machine shop, mini foundry and makes knives etc. He wants to start building suppressors. He has been studying the designs etc. and the different tolerances of titanium and figures he can turn some out. The feds have a real problem with people making them period without the class 3 fees being paid. So he was asking how hard would it be to get the license. I figured next to impossible but after researching it it's not all that bad. So we are giving it a shot.

6. gmoney35c

gmoney35c New Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I couldn't agree with you more. Had the p3at for about 3 years and recently purchased sub2000. Such a great resource