Glad for the renewed ban on politics

Discussion in 'Feedback and Announcements' started by gordon11, Nov 15, 2009.

1. gordon11

gordon11 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2007
    I'm glad KTOG has decided to enforce the "no politics" rule on this forum.  With the exception of Carmike, Preacher Bill, and a few other rational thinking people, most here have the wrong opinions on most issues and I'm greatful not to have to hear them; especially the peacenic Pauliac ramblings. ;D

2. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Frankly, I have gotten a few PMs thanking me for stopping the madness.  As of yet, not one person has PMed to complain or suggest that I should reconsider.  I think the partisan political threads are like train wrecks.  Very few normal people really want to see one, let alone cause one to happen, but when they do occur, it's nearly impossible to look away.  Then you get sucked into the emotion-laced rhetoric and eventually, it goes downhill, often replete with insults, snobbery, and even name-calling.  Then there are the few who would have you believe they have all the right answers.  You of course are an idiot because you disagree with them.  I think I have yet to read anything here of a political nature that was not simply regurgitated from some other media source.  If I want to know what Glen Beck or Oprah thinks (trust me, I don't), I'll turn on the TV.  :p

3. gordon11

gordon11 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2007
    Thank you again Tx for the thankless job of moderating this forum.  I'm sure it's not easy sometimes.  When people have their threads moved or locked the ego gets in the way and they don't see the bigger picture of keeping this site enjoyable for all.