GG&G M.A.D. Back Up Iron Sight  $75

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by Tractiongrips, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    I'm listing this for another person, who removed it from an American Spirit Arms AR-15 carbine.  He's asking $75 plus $3 shipping, but I'm handling the transaction for him, and I have the item on my desk.  The sight is like new, and has a ball type detent that locks the sight in the up and down positions.  It is marked A.S.A. where it would normally be marked GG&G, but according to ASA, the sights are made by GG&G and branded with their name.  I'm in Northeast Georgia, so if you are local, you may be able to pick it up in person.  For the $3 shipping, I'd rather just have it mailed to me if I was the one buying it.  If you'd like to use Paypal, I can accept paypal on his behalf, but I'd have to add a small fee to cover my expenses.  I'm doing this as a favor, so I'm really not wanting this to cost me any more than the few minutes of time that I'm using to list it.  The sights are selling on Ebay for $95, and this one is like new, so this is a chance to save some money.  If the sight doesn't sell quickly, he may negotiate on the price, but for now he's wanting to get the listed price to eat some of the cost of the LaRue rear sight I talked him into.  The sight weighs 2.2oz and only sits 1/2" high when in the down position.  It locks into the rear-most slot on the rail, and only extends 1/4" forward of the slot, measuring from the center of the slot.  You can contact me at tractiongrips@comcast.net
    [​IMG]

2. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    He gave them to me to sell and I have them in my possession.  I'm not marketing something for a third party.  I'm going to be the one collecting the money, and shipping the sight out with my own paws.  I don't see the violation.  The sight is on the desk in front of me and can be purchased right now.  I'm not acting as an agent, or trying to run a business.  I'm just trying to help out another cop who isn't good on the computer.  If it makes you feel better, I can change the wording to "I'm asking...", but I don't see what the difference is here. I'm not profiting from doing this, and after having ebay kick it off and having to forfeit around a buck in listing fees because somebody got their panties in a bunch because I mentioned that it fits an AR-15, I'm about done trying to help folks out. If you think it's a violation of the rules in the spirit they were written, go ahead and use the magic moderator keyboard to delete it. I'm not trying to make waves here, and I'm not going to cry over it. Sorry, I've been up for around 30 hours now and I'm just getting a little frusterated.

3. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Call me crazy but I think the rule being cited was meant to apply to posts like "ABC Sporting Goods has a good deal on XYZ Ammo, here is their website to go buy it for $X.XX".

4. Tractiongrips

Tractiongrips New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Bethlehem, GA
    no offers, so it's reduced and moved to gunbroker....