Generation-2 RDB

Discussion in 'RDB Bullpup Rifle' started by BrassMonkey, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Cj3waker

Cj3waker Member

Jul 8, 2020
    Well my space gun is getting even more retardedly space gun-ey.

Can't remember if it was this thread or the other one, but I didn't have a lot of luck with a TA33 on the rear of the rail. The 510c feels very at home, and I finally added a magnifier and I like the combo better than on ARs.

I've attached some pics. I cut a notch out of the rear to reduce collapsed LOP. It still is over 26" extended. I also added a qd cup for the sling, it's pretty annoying KT didn't do this from the get go, it would have been very easy to do and much lower profile than my situation.

I added the mcarbo spring since I had the gun apart, it did make a good trigger a bit lighter. Still playing with the grip setups, I ditched a mini vfg and ran it smooth for a while, playing an afg now. It seems like a lot of guys are using an afg and a red dot/magnifier and I can see why.

I have a shorter/fatter can in the works which will be a direct thread as I don't ever plan on shooting this unsuppressed. Still wouldn't mind swapping for a folding handle. Only thing I might add is a small 12oclock IR laser as I do a lot of shooting under NODs. The 510c does a great job for passive NV shooting though

Attached Files:

l3r0y and mig1nc like this.
  2. mig1nc

mig1nc Member

May 6, 2020
    What kind of IR setup are you thinking? Steiner mini-TOR? Perst-3? Something else?

3. Zuk

Zuk Active Member

Nov 29, 2019
    It makes so much sense with a gigantic suppressor, that should be how it comes out of the box.

4. Cj3waker

Cj3waker Member

Jul 8, 2020
    I have a lasermax unimax IR on an AR, and for the price and profile I'd buy another.

That can is actually sub 7" just looks huge on that tiny gun

5. pat_bcr

pat_bcr Active Member

May 29, 2019
    I'm trying to play around with my light setup right now. I have a Streamlight Pro Tac2 that I like to have on the right side of the handguard, usually mounted as far forward as possible. I used to run it with a tape switch mounted on the 12 o'clock rail of my AR handguard, but obviously that's not doable with the RDB MLOK handguard. I'm trying to jury rig a way to secure the tape switch to the left side above my BCM vert grip so it all plays nicely together.