Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a newer Gen 2, Glock 22 version. Shoots well, but the one thing that bothers me is that the plastic rear sight, is warped and leans to the right.

Which means that the front sight, cannot be centered. It also leans to the right, so that both front and rear line up properly and it zero's.

And that bugs me... That at the factory, instead of realizing that the rear sight was very obviously warped to the right and replacing it with a straight one, they person assembling it figured that the "remedy" was to just make the front sight crooked as well, so that at least they "match"...

This is not a "solution" in my eyes...

So, who makes a decent but inexpensive rear sight for this gun? I am not looking to change the front, although I do plan to straighten it out once the rear is straight...

Pics of what I am talking about attached. It shoots straight the way it is but it has always bugged me that the sights are so clearly off center...

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trying to submit a support ticket but their website is atrocious... Their webmaster needs to be fired.

The "forgot my password" feature sends you a link to reset your password. You click on the link they email you and it asks you to enter your email address, when you do, it sends you another link to reset your password and you just go through this loop over and over...

And so I call them and of course they are closed. LOL

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I tried to register a new ID with a new email address and you fill out the form and hit submit, and it just clears the screen. No new account, no error message, nothing...

Like I said, their web guy needs to be fired, if you rely on the website to create service tickets and it is completely borked, how do you not know that?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Squire...you sure you filled the form out correctly?

Reason I asked, I just used a fake name and email address to create a new ID and see what happens....it worked just fine for me. Took me right to the New Ticket page where you can send a message to Kel Tec.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, stupid incompatibility with the most common browser on the planet aside...

I was able to submit a ticket, sent them the pics and asked for their recommendations... to either send me a straight sight, or have me send it in. Will see what they come back with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So I got a new rear sight for the gun from Keltec, seems straight, but when you mount it, it is also crooked.

Which tells me the problem is with the gun... like the holes are not straight and so when you insert the pivot pin, the pin itself is crooked, which cants the sight to the right...

So the only real fix is to figure out how to bend the thing slightly to the left to straighten it and then rotate the front to match... or just leave the gun the way it is. It shoots straight, but aesthetically it really bugs me that it is so obviously off center...

But short of them replacing most of the gun, I don't see how they can truly fix it if the pivot itself is drilled off center...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I spoke to someone at eagle eye and they are re-designing the rear site that they have been selling, thats the reason its been out of stock. He said maybe sometime in the summer....but i have , well to me a better option. I loosened and keep the stock site folded down,then installed my MA-TECH mil spec rear site. I put it the farthest back on the top rail and tightened down. I have been using the MA Tech backup iron site for years and its very well built and accurate. I did do some mods on this one for the Sub 2000, i reamed out the peep hole just a tiny bit more then masked off and painted the inside of the peep red. Works great and very accurate ... the SUB will fold with it on but not all the way....i just un-screw it and re install next time at the range.

Marko

https://www.amazon.com/MaTech-Mil-S...d=1490900452&sr=8-13&keywords=ar+15+rear+site

·
Registered
68 Posts
Neat, I was wondering if something like the MA-TECH could be used in a Sub-2000. It almost looks like you could take the guts out of the rear sight and replace them with the MA-TECH parts but the hinge complicates things.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.