Gen P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Grizzly, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    I have a first Gen P-3AT HC that bites be on the heal of my thumb every time I fire it. I will not get rid of it as the problem only involves a little bit of skin and it will grow back. I love my P-3AT and would like to get it to stop biting me. I posted this problem a few years ago and none of the suggestions helped. I parked the .380 in a safe where it is now and started back carrying my P-32 which has never bit me and has always been reliable.

Thanks for any advice,
    Grizzly

2. tommyray

tommyray New Member

Sep 2, 2008
    Griz, I had that same prob with both my P3 (2nd Gen) and my PF. Adjusted my grip, and haven't had the problem since.
    tr

3. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Grizzly, can you clue me (us) in on where the "heal" of the thumb is?

Serious question, not trying to be a smart alack (this time).

With a better idea of what is being bit, we might be able to offer better responses.

GL

4. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Hampton,Georgia
    When you look at the right hand for firing it is right on the bone that sticks out. I have tried everything including covering that area with liquid rubber. It still takes out a piece of skin.

5. goodbrewing

goodbrewing Active Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Do you have big hands? I am wondering if your hand is high on the grip and getting hit by the slide when it kicks 1 round out and puts another in. It might be ok when you just hold the gun and look at it but with the kick shifting the position of the gun in your hand it may hit. Try positioning your thumb lower on the grip.
    Good luck.

6. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Very strange. I had the P40 chew my thumb knuckle, but hadn't seen it in the 3AT.

Probably no help, but try to hold the 3AT with you hand less like you are shaking hands and more like you are making a fist.

GL :-/