Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I happened to be looking at the videos for the M*CARBO upgrades including the armorers wrench (that I ordered along with a few other things). In the video for the wrench, they show using the section for the thread protector. However, my new gen 2 has a knurled thread protector and not the "nut" type shown in the video. So are there two types of thread protectors? Which is newer? My gen 2 is in the FBHxx SN range.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Too bad the thread with the history of updates has not been kept current. Looking at some of the pictures in the picture thread, it appears the older ones were the nut type that butted right up to the sight. Mine has a separate nut that goes up against the sight and then the knurled tread protector. I thought I read a thread about some issue with front sights moving and I assume this was the fix.

Note: I have loosened the thread protector for this picture.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'll have a closer look tonight when I get home. Couldn't tell you from memory of the hex nut and the thread protector are one piece. But I did apply some blue loctite to the threads before my first time out with it because the nut got loose already.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok, I was looking at the spare parts list and apparently the knurled protector is for the 9mm and the hex one for the .40 barrel. Although on the accessory page, they show an extended knurled one that is for either barrel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.