Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I bought a G17 version, guy said he couldn't get G19 models... Of course he has them now :gaah:

1. Was gonna do Mcarbo mods and though I should grab the G19 grips... but how long are they exactly? My G17 is just my hand size around 3.5"-4" I guess? I need to measure again as well.

2. I have the Gen "2.1" with the improved sight, but I have the front sight all the way turned left and it still shoots high and left at 25, 50, and 100... drops at 200, but I don't totally blame sights at that range. I'm a new shooter, but I had three people all shoot it with the same results.

Pleas help, I love this thing, and want to mod it to my own. I just want relative accuracy/groups and solid components.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I got the G19 version and my entire pinky was below the grip (I can get three fingers on an actual Glock19). A two finger grip isn't my thing so I got a Pearce extra long grip extension and my entire pinky rests perfectly on it. At the palm it comes down to about the bottom of the ring finger. I think the grip is one less row of gator grip shorter if you know what I mean. Because of the length and need for pre-ban magazines I did a grip conversion to the multi-mag grips which are longer. If you're interested maybe we can swap my G19 grips for your G17 grips but honestly, my thoughts are that the G17 grip is much better and you should stick with it.

·
Super Moderator
17,775 Posts
Lay your Glock 19 over the receiver of the Sub while lining up the barrels with each other. Notice where the barrel bores are in relation to each other in the receivers. The Sub's G17 grip is probably closer to your actual G19 grip in length because of this difference. I understand the desire for mag compatibility, but the G19 grip on the Sub WILL leave your pinky finger dangling without an extension. As for the range deal, it's a 100 yard gun accuracy wise. Will it shoot further? Yes, but with much less ability to forecast how much to hold over. This will come with experience but don't hold out too much hope for hitting anything consistently beyond maybe 125. Since it is a Gen 2.1 you could loosen the nut in front of the front sight and turn the front sight tower VERY slightly to the right before snugging the nut again. Or return it to Kel-tec and ask them to get it zeroed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lay your Glock 19 over the receiver of the Sub while lining up the barrels with each other. Notice where the barrel bores are in relation to each other in the receivers. The Sub's G17 grip is probably closer to your actual G19 grip in length because of this difference. I understand the desire for mag compatibility, but the G19 grip on the Sub WILL leave your pinky finger dangling without an extension. As for the range deal, it's a 100 yard gun accuracy wise. Will it shoot further? Yes, but with much less ability to forecast how much to hold over. This will come with experience but don't hold out too much hope for hitting anything consistently beyond maybe 125. Since it is a Gen 2.1 you could loosen the nut in front of the front sight and turn the front sight tower VERY slightly to the right before snugging the nut again. Or return it to Kel-tec and ask them to get it zeroed.
Well it saves me at least $50 not to go G19 grips so thanks for talking me out of it.

As for aim, It's like 6"-12" high and around 3"-8" left after cranking the sight all the way left. I need to pointit pretty far down and left of my intended target at all ranges. Just the look of it causes me to develop OCD. I'd return it to them for a fix if shipping was free and they have good turn around. I'd rather not pay to wait 3 months, any experience?

Not looking to shoot a nickel a mile a way, but if it could hit a group of 3"-8" consistently at 100ish yards, I'd be happy.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
When I got my Gen 2, the LGS only had a G23 size (like a G19). I bought it anyhow, knowing the grip would be too short for me. I use G22 15 shot mags in the shorter grip and the mag sticking out gives me an excellent 'pinky' rest (not as nice as having a G22 (G17) size, but it does the trick).

·
Registered
342 Posts
yea the 'full size' SUB2K grip is equivalent to a G19/G32. For me I run pinky extensions on my full size mags and that just barely fits under my pinky. Otherwise my pinky will slip off the grip under recoil.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Interesting.

I consider the G19 / G32 a 'mid-size' grip and the G17/G22 size a 'full-size' grip. I have both grips and the G17 / G22 is about 3/4" longer than the G19/G23 grip.

·
Banned
43 Posts
For Glock 19 compatibility, and the fact the actual g19 handgun fits me great. Maybe the keltec g19 isn't that far off? Hence asking.
I have a Glock 19 and I just picked up a Gen 2 SUB2000 G19 version. The Glock 19 pistol grip fits my hand perfectly with no "real estate" left over hanging down past the bottom of my pinky with no magazine inserted. The difference on the SUB2000 with the G19 grip is that same length is achieved with a magazine inserted. Without it, that grip is a pinky dangler for me but, with the magazine inserted, the extra length provided from the base plate makes the overall grip length the same as the pistol for me. Perfect with no "real estate" left over.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts