Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 1st shots were back in September 2015. I kept a pretty good track of my round count. I went to the range today, and as of today, my round count is at 1,919 rounds. I have tried just about every brand I found. I have not had one malfunction of any kind, nothing. I did notice something odd while firing it using the green Crimson trace laser. It jumped off target all of a sudden, which I thought was odd. As I was packing up, I saw a little black insert that you use to lock into the rail. I don't know how, but it worked its way loose, and fell off. The laser stayed on the rail, just the little black piece that slides in the rail dropped. Good thing I saw it. When I got home, I was able to put it back on. I tightened it a bit more! I'll have to keep an eye on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spot on!! Either using the iron sights or the laser, been very happy with it. Only complaint I have, I'm left handed and get a few brass casings flying by my face!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got mine a couple weeks ago. Two range trips with ~100 rounds each, cleaned in between. ZERO malfunctions with American Eagle FMJ, Gold Dot JHP, and (mostly) TulAmmo silver bullets. Sights were spot-on out of the box at 20 yards. I have the G19 version and purchased 2 33 round Glock mags that work perfectly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got the G19 model and put the first rounds through it today after a quick barrel clean out of box. All good except for a glitch on a couple aluminum case 115 fmj rds which didnt extract properly and caused a double feed out of my 33rd magazine. I blame the mag and the ammo. No issues on five straight 17rd mags filled with Gold Dot 115 grain. Accuracy good. No issues with front sight, though I had applied green Loctite to end cap, base threads, and set screw 24 hours before shooting. Only needed minor windage and height adjustments to dial in at 25 yards.

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Where do they say that? It's not in the manual.
It's in the old manual. In the new manual they simply say non-standard ammunition. By Kel-tec's definition non-standard is non brass cased non-factory ammo. You can take our word for it or you can call the horse. We pass on what we have learned. If you don't want to hear or read it here you are welcome to talk to the factory.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It's in the old manual. In the new manual they simply say non-standard ammunition. By Kel-tec's definition non-standard is non brass cased non-factory ammo. You can take our word for it or you can call the horse. We pass on what we have learned. If you don't want to hear or read it here you are welcome to talk to the factory.
Thanks - I certainly would not have made the interpretation of "non-standard" ammo to mean widely sold aluminum and steel cased ammo... I do appreciate your thoughtful and helpful response.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I read it on another post in this forum, tdenman, otherwise I would not have known either. Another good reason for being on this forum. I've learned a lot about my Subbie and from other people's experiences and mistakes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.