Gen 2.5 P3AT ???

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by burley, Oct 4, 2009.

1. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    I saw 2 P3ATs in the LGS yesterday, they look a bit different than the P3s I know( BTW ,no not 1st gen I'v seen em not 2nd gen that I'v owned either). Slides were ,well for a better word,'melted'. It was obvious they were factory with the tag still in the trigger guard. Slides looked a lot in profile like the PF 9 . Anyone else spot the difference in new P3s hitting the shelf?

2. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    I saw several today at the gunshow but did not notice a difference. I don't own a Second Gen, so I am probably not as perceptive as most.

I am still waiting for the PF-9esqe "Gator" grips for the P-3x that I was told about at SHOT 2008. I have been waiting to buy a Second Gen until they make them! :-/

3. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Now I wish I'd asked to hold one ,under glass I wasn't looking at the grip,just the slide. I'll go back Tues and see up close and get a pic if they let me  :-/

4. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    That would be something to see! I think you would have noticed it immediately as the description I got would have made the P-3AT look rather like a small PF-9.

5. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    My problem was a sub 200$ 1st Gen P 32 I was working on buying ;D I forgot to look back after getting it...

6. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Sweet deal! Did you get it? I got mine Blued/Dark Blue for $200 even.

7. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Congrats, and thanks for the link. Don't know how I missed it. Reply posted over there.

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I saw a bunch of P3ATs of every finish and grip color at yesterday's gun show.  They all appeared to be standard gen II.

I don't suppose this is what you saw... :-/

http://www.freedom1791.com/

9. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Well that is interesting.  Perhaps they are making a change to the exterior of the slide.  Or maybe those 2 were simply rejects that didn't make the cut for becoming a Freedom Edition.  :-/

[edit]HEY Joe! I could have sworn I was replying to your post. Where'd you go? ;D[/edit]

10. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    If KT has changed the slide, I would have to ask why. My 2G has never had a failure of any kind. The only F&B I gave mine was to polish the feed ramp and the exterior of the barrel the first time I cleaned it but that was before my first range trip. My P3AT has cycled everything I've fed it from light handloads to the hottest handloads and hottest factory loads.

If they have/are changing the slide moving from 2G to a new 3G, I think I'll have to find the funds to acquire another one. ;D If I ever run across a 1G, I plan to move mountains to acquire it. My P3AT is the most reliable gun I've ever owned. ;D

11. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Sorry :-[
    I was editing that and adding some pics from the net. Then I decided to wait to post pics till I got back the the LGS...
    I deleted it cause I didn't want the pics till then, sorry. They open Tues, I'll do my best to get over there early. ;)

12. RangerNDog

RangerNDog New Member

Aug 26, 2009
    I have too agree. The P3AT is the first gun I have owned and it has never given me problems. Can't wait to see the pics of the guns from the LGS.

13. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    Burley, did you ever get pics on this?