Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have someone local selling a Gen 1 Glock Sub2k for $400... Im interested and im sure i can pick it up for 350, appears to be shot very little but one can never be sure on ised firearms...question is ..are they dependable ??

what would be a fair price?

·
Premium Member
17,775 Posts
Point out to that person that new AR prices have dropped by 40% post-Obama. What they payed during that 8 years of price gouging does not reflect the true value of the Sub2K. But Kel-tec made the Gen 1 for 15 years, so yes it's "anygood".

Reactions: WRBuchanan

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
My closest LGS has new Gen 2s (Glock 22 models) sitting on the counter - unsold - for $399, plus tax.

I suggest that you get what you want at a price that you are comfortable with. Don't worry about just 'getting a bargain'. I might add that you will get a decent warranty with a new Sub2000 and not likely any warranty with a used one.

I have a Gen 1 9mm (Glock 17) and a Gen 2 .40 S&W (Glock 23). Both are modified to make them more useful to me (I do not like either Generation Sub 2000 as initially made). Each has their own strong points and weak points. Most important to me is the Gen 1 barrel nut threads on and the Gen 2 barrel nut, although threaded, is more like forced on over glue. I actually prefer to shoot my Gen 1. It has a much better trigger.

Edit: I have never had a fail to fire or eject with either of mine. That said, I don't have enough confidence in either of them to carry 'on-duty' as a LEO or to be my primary self defense firearm. I have several other guns that cost as much as 3 times more $ that I feel the same way about. I cannot tell you why I feel that way because I honestly don't have any reason to justify feeling that way. My Sub2000s are fun to shoot guns here on the farm and I often have one of them with me just to keep me company and to enjoy engaging 'targets of opportunity'.

Good excuse to post photos... :)

Gen 2

Gen 2 on left / Gen 1 on right carried on my Arctic Cat

Gen 1 on top / Gen 2 below at my range.

Reactions: 850sub

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Terry, what's up with that green barrel?
The barrel and buffer tube on my Gen 1 are ceramic coated in Zombie Apocalypse green. It is a very durable (and distinctive) finish. I may do something unusual to the Red Lion Precision fore end to compliment the green.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.