Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please pardon me, I know I'm wearing y'all out with all my questions but I am just now carrying my p32 regularly and have gotten overly concerned with reliability.
From my other thread I learned how to fix/avoid grip bulge.
Now I am concerned about the hammer block.
Is this something that I need to upgrade or is the fix simply to avoid short stroking the trigger?

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
Before the "new hammer block" short-stroking the trigger was never a commonly discussed issue here, hence not really much of a problem. I have some older p3s with the original hammer block. I could have changed the parts but never bothered because I have never short-stroked the trigger.

Reactions: Brawny

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before the "new hammer block" short-stroking the trigger was never a commonly discussed issue here, hence not really much of a problem. I have some older p3s with the original hammer block. I could have changed the parts but never bothered because I have never short-stroked the trigger.
I thought it was a nonissue as well until I watched a youtube video with a p32 "trigger problem."
I was familiar that the hammer did that but didn't think of it as an issue. I dumped 3 mags and never missed the reset.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
I think to short stroke one, without allowing the trigger to fully return forward, you'd have to pull the trigger again so fast that the gun would still be in recoil mode. I've done a few rapid fire mag dumps and never had it happen.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^^ That's the way I train myself to fire. No deliberately paced shots but unload as fast as I can pull the trigger into the target. If I ever have to use it in a defense situation I'm not going to worry about precision but rather dumping 73gx7 into a person sized target as quickly and accurately as possible.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.