Featured Geco FMJ $199/thousand

Discussion in 'P-32' started by alnico357, May 15, 2018.

1. alnico357

alnico357 Active Member

Mar 5, 2011
    NC ARkansas
  2. linux_author

linux_author Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    yep, has been that price for a while... got my order almost exactly a month ago from 'em... it's nice to stock up!

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico

3. wanderson

wanderson Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    With free shipping for a case is a pretty sweet deal.
    I can get Fiocchi red box from SGAmmo for $220 a crate and I think shipping runs around $15-$20 bucks. 20 cents/round shipped is what cheap 9mm is going for these days.

4. fastjohnson

fastjohnson Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I read somewhere, and by somebody I don't remember, Geco 32 acp having hard primers.

You guys have any issues with the Geco? Any one ever put it over a chrono?

5. linux_author

linux_author Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2018
    no issues on the several boxes through my P-32s... but i'm gonna quote someone on the 'net:

"One of the most persistent myths in shooting is that there are hard primers and soft primers. That isn't true. The real issue is primer sensitivity or - more frequently - something within the gun or loading process that causes the gun to go click when it shoulda' gone bang. "

willie
    on the Gulf of Mexico

fastjohnson likes this.
  6. wanderson

wanderson Active Member

Dec 30, 2015
    None of this applies to .32acp but I always thought the corrosive bergan primers in surplus ammo took more force to ignite vs commercial.

I have a Saiga AK in .223, and the firing pin is spring loaded. When it breaks, there’s no factory replacement, so most use an AK 74 pin that free floats. But it’s been reported that US made ammo has been known to occasionally slam fire, but foreign made steel case (with their ‘harder’ primers) won’t.

Had a friend who had an issue with light strikes in a new pistol with WWB but looking at the ammo it appeared to me the primers were just set too deep.