Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that around here where I live in the state of NH that in the last week 4 gas stations have posted no gas, closed or only service bay open. Has anyone else noticed this in their town or state?

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Haven't seen it in the PNW, but I'd bet a coke that those stations are all owned by the same company (an independent, regardless of what the brand signs say) and has decided their margins on gasoline at the current price isn't covering his costs.

This is even more likely to be the case if the stations are "mechanic shop that sells gas", or a gas station without a convenience store attached.

There may also be other problems at the business along the lines of operating credit, cash flow, failure to pay suppliers, etc.

So this could easily have nothing to do with supply problems. In fact, it is likely the case, if you aren't seeing it happen to all stations at the same time. Your run of the mill gas station fills once or even twice a day. A slow station is something along the line of every other day.

·
Registered
147 Posts
There has been a lot of chit chat about refineries being closed on the east coast due to EPA requirements that are unrealistic. That might lead to a problem in that local area.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nothing here in New Mexico. Just heard gas prices dropped, maybe they are just refusing to sell the gas they bought at a higher price for less? At least until prices rise a bit again. Ok, I need to go put on my tin foil hat! :p

·
Registered
760 Posts
Not in Atlanta. In the suburbs we were down to $3.57/gallon/Regular for a day or two. Today it's creeping back up. $3.68/Regular.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Here ya go...I keep a spare roll in the back closet here at KTOG.

I also keep my feathers numbered in case of an emergency.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts