gander mt in "love"

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jocko, Oct 6, 2007.

1. jocko

jocko Guest

Was in my local Gander mt yesterday and they have fell in love with their kt p3at and p32. Price has jumped to $339 for the 380 and $329 for the 32. Salesman said he didn't have a clue as to why the big jump :-/

2. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    at the 3 gander mtn stores here, all prices have gone up on firearms approx. 50.00 around the board.

i think this one is corporate greed.

now bass pro shops is cheaper than gander mtn...go figure.

time to start supporting the little guy and maybe paying a little more but still giving us some options....

3. jocko

jocko Guest

dead right rj,  I walked right across the street from gander to the Terre Haure fairgrounds where they had a gun show today, a small one but still guns. Anyway, kt 380 $2l9, and out the door $200, from one dealer. P11,  $219 with the od grip. no pf9s :-/

4. jocko

jocko Guest

I always shop gander to see what I want and then go to my old time small small dealer who has always just beat the crap out of anything gander ever has. Sometimes small is best, unless is hangs between ur legs.. :-X

5. toddmog

toddmog New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    I think this is becoming a problem with all of the big box stores. I recently posted a similar situation with Cabelas. My local small shop guy always has the best prices hands down. He may have to order it for me, but he has the best prices. I don't mind having to wait for the order since in Illinois I have to wait 3 days to pick up a handgun anyways. If I pay the day he orders, my waiting period is up by the time the gun arrives.

6. DoubleTap

DoubleTap New Member

Sep 4, 2007
    I've always thought Gander Mountain was high. Great place to shop, but I'll nearly always go to a smaller store to actually buy. Once in a great while, they'll surprise me on something price-wise, but that's pretty rare. :-/

7. jdeere_man

jdeere_man New Member

Jun 2, 2007
    Gander isn't the only store with P3s. I'd shop around those prices are ridiculous. I frequent glocktalk and for the past month different people have started rant threads about gander pricing at least once a week.

8. jocko

jocko Guest

ganders philosphy is like the "P. T. Barnum" saying. A SUCKER BORN EVERY MINUTE.

9. Troubleshooter2

Troubleshooter2 New Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Gander Mtn had a pretty good sale this spring and I bought a Ruger P95 for $300.

I did notice the $329 P3at price a couple of weeks ago. Just about all there guns are much higher than other stores in the area now. I'll stop in to look around but rarely buy anything there unless its on sale.

10. sharpetop

sharpetop New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    If possible, I always try to support the local guys. Gander Mountain, Bass Pro, Cabelas, etc. are selling for corporate stock holders. The small guy is trying to feed himself!