Gander Mountain

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dboat, Feb 18, 2008.

1. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    I went into Gander Mountain tonite and they had a P3AT in the case.. blued.. and the price on it was 329.99.. that is just crazy to me.. not sure what you guys think about it.. since you can get them a lot cheaper than that..

So post your vote.

Dana

2. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    My vote is no. don't spend that much. :-? :( :)

3. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Tough choices there dboat but I had to vote NO that's not crazy.

Now, I think you'd be crazy to pay it, especially since I got mine for $250, but if they can get $500 for it ... more power to them.

BTW, I don't shop there because the prices are TOO FRIKIN HIGH!!!!

4. keltec-NK

keltec-NK New Member

May 23, 2007
    that price is crazy...unless you need to use a Christmas gift card

However, Gander Mountain ammo is/was 10% off last weekend ;)

5. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    also i don't know about your GM, but the one near me most if not all of the guns have been fired. :(

6. peaceful99

peaceful99 New Member

Oct 21, 2005
    That price is too much for me, but some people must be buying or they would have to drop the price.

7. KS.G36

KS.G36 Guest

I recall when a few months before Wally world decided to stop handgun sales in most stores, I priced a G 20 (10mm). My daughter worked at the store and immediate family members got a discount on purchases in some depatrments, sporting goods was included. I got my good deal on the gun. A few weeks later, a friend of mine bought a .45 there, (no discount) and said the Glocks had all been priced higher by $40.00. My daughter confirmed what he said.

This was when Hillary was on the board of directors of Wal-Mart. Some months went by and Wal-Mart announced they were ending handgun sales and cited dropping sales and not wanting to seen as contributing to the hyped up stats that were floating around on gun deaths.

They raised their prices to gun shop level and then used the drop in sales in their reasoning. Wonder who gave them the idea.  

Has Gander Mountain always been at the upper level on pricing? Wonder who's on the board of directors?

8. lagerbrewer

lagerbrewer New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    My LGS had a PF9 for $339.00 last week. I bought my P3AT from Cabela's for $279.99. I knew the P3AT was a little high, but I knew that it was 100% new and from the most recent batch because they sell them like hotcakes over there. At that point I had just been reading on here and it seemed like it was the earlier p's were the ones having troubles so that was important to me.

9. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    As I understand it, every gun KT produces is test fired before it leaves the mother ship.

10. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    Gander has the P3At on sale for $259.99 for this month.
    Norton

11. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Norton, I wonder if that is a local thing.. I was in the store yesterday afternoon and it was the price I quoted above.. hmmm

Dana

12. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    I wanted to vote "Both" but it was an option in your poll :)

If they can sell them at that price then more power to them. If I could sell mine to someone for a $1000 I would probably do it. But I do not generally associate with anyone that stupid ;) :D

The two Gander Mountain locations near me have always sported inflated prices on firearms. Long guns as well as handguns. I buy very little in Gander Mountain these days. But as I do not have a Cabela's or Big Bass Pro Shop nearby, it is the best of that type of store I can go to easily.

13. RandyP

RandyP New Member

Dec 23, 2007
    GM in this area is no bargain by ANY standard on most of their items, guns and ammo included.

It would seem that their buying power does not equate to lower prices for their customers.

One of my LGSs is MegaSports in Plainfield,IL - a single store, not a nationwide chain - and they always have firearms and ammo prices well below Gander. Cabela's is also higher than Megasports but not by as much.

Caveat emptor, but capitalism thrives on a customer base and GM should be able to charge whatever the heck their customers choose to pay.

14. norton

norton New Member

Jan 25, 2008
    I believe it's a national circular for Gander. It came out Sunday and it was on the store's bulletin board on Monday, when I was there.
    I'm in Michigan.
    Norton

15. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    i'm telling ya'll, it's because they're from minnesota...  ::)

16. dboat

dboat New Member

Feb 7, 2008
    ;D ;D ;D

17. slimpickens

slimpickens New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Well I'm from MN. Seems like "The Rules of the Range" don't always apply here.

Slim

18. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    i knew that it was a bad comment to make. sorry, got stuck with a bunch of jerks from minn when i was deployed. we won't go there. comment withdrawn. :-X

19. slimpickens

slimpickens New Member

Jan 24, 2008
    No problem Spence. I have good memories for the time I spent at Ft Riley when I got back from across the pond in late '69. If I remember right, there's a Minneapolis Kansas NW of there that I ran across while bird hunting.
    Slim

20. joje

joje New Member

Nov 1, 2007
    The problem with GM is not just their inflated prices - its that they try to get away with a Cabelas price point while offering a K-Mart shopping experience. I used to play their prices against them back when they had their double-the-dfference price guarantee and got some insane deals that way, but since they removed that I never set foot in their stores anymore.