Game cameras

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Blue_Moon, Sep 15, 2010.

1. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Anyone have any neat pictures from game cameras?  I've just recently gotten a camera; no really good pics yet, but I think it is fun to look at the activity in the woods and the times.

This little buck is a camera hog.  He was in or around about 75% of the pictures!
    [​IMG]

I thought this was a neat picture...2 deer and 2 coons having an early morning snack.
    [​IMG]

2. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    here's the only two i got in a week. :'(
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Like I said, I am new to this.  I got all excited and put my camera out without reading much about the settings.  When I pulled the card one week later, it had 440+ pics!  I was stoked...until I got home and found out that it was snapping a pic every 30 secs as long as something was in front of it.  Once the deer got comfortable eating the corn, the cam was taking 100 pics a day...looking at the pictures was like watching play-by-play of deer eating!

Anyway, here is another pic that is kinda similar to your head-on shot.  

[​IMG]

4. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Well, the corn went pretty quickly.  I walked into the woods the next time and took some apples since 40 lbs of corn would have made for a long walk.  Note to self: raccoons LOVE apples...

[​IMG]

5. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    sure would make it better if we could use feed and salt blocks, can't even feed the deer here because of CWD fears.
    nice pics

6. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Got a few more pics today.

There were a couple of new bucks this time.  Not big, but interesting.  Looks like they have shed their velvet this week...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is one with a doe and a really small fawn; haven't seen a fawn this small this late in the year yet...
    [​IMG]

And I have no idea what type of shenanigans are going on here...
    [​IMG]

7. Goldtanker

Goldtanker New Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Sort of a game camera - me shooting from the dining room window last fall.  An amorous encounter. ;)  Sorry for the snow fence, but I put that up to keep the local herd from trampling the snow on the drain field for the septic system.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Youth weekend in Ky is Oct 9-10; we went out today to pull camera cards and check stands before taking our kids out.

This shot came from a new location right under an oak tree.  Turns out they like the acorns more than the corn right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I thought this was a neat pose for the camera.
    [​IMG]

And finally, looks like zombie deer drawn to the smell of corn!
    [​IMG]

9. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Got this picture off of the same farm; this camera is down in some bottoms and hasn't shown any bucks...until now.

[​IMG]

Youth weekend is 3 days away.  My 13 year old daughter would love to connect with either of these! Too bad the deer are still moving between 10pm and 4am!

10. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    Hadn't posted anything in a while; CMY's pic in another thread reminded me about this one.  Heck, I might be the only one looking at these!

This was a funny one from the last time I pulled the cards.  Apparently this little buck was getting pretty close to check out the camera!

[​IMG]

11. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    321 views to date ,I don't think your the only one looking ;D
    Keep em coming, gets me motivated to do some scouting and I need to update my trail cam. Mine uses used 35 mm film ::)

12. scdigger

scdigger New Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Here's one I caught a few weeks ago!!!

[​IMG]

Greg

13. Blue_Moon

Blue_Moon New Member

Dec 22, 2004
    This came off of a camera at night; the data and time are incorrect.  If you look at the picture from headon, you can see something like the lens had moisture on it just to the lower right of center; if you tilt your monitor down and look at it from a downward angle, it makes it look like a group of skulls are hovering over the ground.  Just in time for Halloween!

[​IMG]

14. smoothiniron

smoothiniron New Member

Jun 12, 2009
    here is a link to some trail cam videos I took this year, mostly elk cows, calves, bulls and a bear.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/denalimc?feature=mhsn#p/u[/ame]