Funny P3AT experience today

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by virtual-rj, Mar 31, 2008.

1. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Went to the LGS to pick up my virtual ammo order, some guy comes in with his P3AT. Wants to use them to send it back to Kel-Tec, because someone butchered it while trying to...INSTALL A BELT CLIP.

Drove out the wrong pin apparently (care to guess which one)....

Now does not work .. light primer strikes.

so he is going to use the LGS to overnight it to KT for repair, at a cost of 40.00

D@MN.

I would just order some parts to replace what I was using out of my parts box, and use the UPS center to ship it home to mama as is legal.

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    The bad thing is that he is going to go around bad mouthing KT the whole time. The worse thing is that he (person who dun did the butchering at least) is probably not smart enough to even think how unsafe it will be to carry with the belt clip alone.

-Scott

3. keninaz

keninaz New Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Not KTs fault they screwed it up.
    So he will wait for 6-10 weeks (the current wait) for them to open it up and refuse to work on it?
    Dumb   :eek:
    I would appear that hiring a gunsmith to fix it would have been cheaper and more timely.

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    For $29 he could just order a new grip with the hammer block properly installed and transfer his gun to that grip. For the price of the belt clip they'd probably install one on the grip too. Unless he stretched the hammer spring, the grip would probably get it running. For that matter, KT would probably send him a new hammer spring free, but then I think they only cost $4. $40 to ship it back and wait a few weeks? Not me. :-/

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    While I agree about hiring the gun smith being cheaper and more timely, KT will NOT refuse to work on it. They will fix it no questions asked.

The couple of conversations I have had with KT all began with "I was doing something stupid and screwed up the gun...." They have always sent me parts for free and told me to send it back if I can't fix it.

-Scott

6. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    Did that once. Did you offer to fix it for him, maybe for a box or two of ammo? Or send him to KTOG for some assistance.

7. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    RJ,

I'm really surprised you didn't whip out your virtual tool box and parts bin and then fixed it on the spot. He may of bought you some more virtual ammo. :)