Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've now run about 400 rounds through my PF9 since Kel-Tec sent it back. (Had originally sent it in for a FTExtract and Slide Peening issue.). No more peening issue, but it now seems that I get a failure to extract on about round 5 or 6 from the first magazine that I run through. I've been sticking strickly to Federal Champion. Out of the 100 rounds that I ran through it last night, only 1 FTExtract and it was from the first magazine? I only have one magazine and I don't keep it loaded since this is not yet my ETC weapon. At the end of each range trip I take it home, thoroughly clean and lubricate and reassemble. I even ran 15 rounds of Federal JHP though it last night and those ran without issue. It just seems to always be that first magazine? Maybe it's limp wristing? Seems early in the range trip for that since there is no fatigue? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try loading the magazine a day or two before the next range trip. I suspect you just need to "break in" the spring a little more. Loading it a little early might just do the trick. I use a similar procedure with each of my pistols.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
It could be that you are simply a little relaxed at the start of a shooting session, and not yet keeping the wrist locked during recoil, then you tighten up a bit as the session continues. Also, athough good lubrication is essential for these little boomers, might you be over doing it just a little? Too much grease/oil can slow the mechanism down, and this would loosen up as you run a few rounds through it. I use of small artists brush to lightly grease the rails, making sure it is even but thinly spread over the rails and other points, without allowing any build up of grease or over accumulation at any point, while still giving good coverage. Just a thought.

Jim R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts