FTE with Corbon

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by patscrazy, Mar 30, 2009.

1. patscrazy

patscrazy New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Hello all.  Loads like Rem GS and Fed HS and all standard FMJ's shoot fine with no failures out of my 3at.  But I want to use corbon's 90 jhp(not dpx), but those snappy suckers seem to get hung up and wont extract.  At least twice a mag has been my experience so far.  When you check the gun, the spent shell is still in chamber with the next round jammed up behind it.  The gun is about 4 years old, maybe 500 rounds through it.  Do I need a new recoil spring to handle the extra velocity of the corbon?  I see the recent thread about the new wolff springs.  If I do a new one, am I better off with a standard 11lb spring or do I need a heavier one?  Any help would be much appreciated.  

2. bassman1964

bassman1964 New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Anyone else have the same issue with the Corbon high velocity? (not dpx)

Just curious because that is what i have loaded in when I'm carrying..., but they are new for me and I have not had the opportunity to try them out at the range. Guess I better do that before I find myself in a position to actually use them. I just have a bit of a problem duming a dollar+ per round into a paper target. ::)

G

3. bassman1964

bassman1964 New Member

Feb 26, 2009
    ... sorry I meant "dumping".... silly me.

4. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    Have you checked extractor screw? IIRC if it works loose you can have that kind of FTE.

CJ

5. patscrazy

patscrazy New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    Yeah, the extractor looks fine. It works with all the other major brands no problem. Just seems isolate to corbon. I ordered a new Wolff spring. Even if that doesnt work, I guess I'll have a spare.

6. bro61

bro61 New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Good advise to yourself.  I know it is expensive but I would not carry any ammo that I had not proven by shooting at least 4 mags with no problems. That's after the obligatory 200 break in rounds.