Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks.

I had the P3AT out at the range today. ;D Then, I shot it :-[.

In a box of 50 rounds of Remington FMJ, I had 9 or 10 FTE's. My FTF problem seems completely solved after my feed ramp polishing job, but now it seems to be prone to FTE. These were all partially extracted from the chamber, and left hanging about 2/3 of the way out. It was as though the extractor just prematurely released the empty cartridge.

I was very diligent to maintain a strong, 2 handed, in-line grip, with no limp wristing at all.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
ranger said:
Any suggestions?
How’s your buttonhead ???

It could also be a missing ejector or a damaged extractor. You might try cleaning under the extractor also. I once found so much debris built-up under one of mine that it would not fully engage the rim on the shell casing.

Wilson – who’s always curious when a well pistol gets sick :-/

PS I keep a 2mm hex driver (Allen wrench will do) in my range bag. If a buttonhead refuses to stay tight, order a replacement or apply a smidgen of purple or blue Loctite to the top two threads.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Buttonhead is the first suspect. If it's not loose then check this thread for the difference between the old and new extractors. Also the last pic, it isn't real common but will cause FTE problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.