I had one FTE at a range session. I just shrugged it off as it was the only one and could not duplicate. Back home I took off the extractor bolt, spring and extractor. I expected to find the extractor needed some attention, buff, file off a burr or such. I found no issues. So I put it all back together. Now, at a later range session I start getting multiple FTEs. Upon examination I find I can move the extractor spring with my fingernail. If the bolt is tight this should not happen. So, I go to tighten the bolt and it is as tight as it will go. I remove it, and reinstall it but the spring is still a little loose. Upon close examination, I see a small gap between the lower bolt head and extractor spring, but again the bolt is fully tight. Upon closer examination I find that the top of the bolt head is contacting the slide preventing it from screwing all the way down. I also measured the depth of the bolt hole and compare it to the length of the bolt. THE BOLT IS TOO LONG for the hole. A little slow and steady fluff and buff on the slide recess for the extractor bolt and the head now had clearance to screw all the way down. A little filing on the bolt and it is now short enough to screw all the way down. A bit of oxpho-blue, oil and loc-tight and it is all back together. The extractor spring is nice and tight and cannot be moved with the fingernail. I assume that the situation did not reveal itself sooner because the spring had not broken it and was therefore a bit stiffer. Now for a range test.