FS Kel-Tec Sub-9 S&w 9mm - Serial #00037

Discussion in 'Sold/Expired Classifieds' started by crffish, Jul 29, 2010.

1. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    I am selling my Sub-9 with a very low serial number.  I have never fired this since I bought it some time ago.  I sent it to Kel-tec to be checked over and they replaced they original trigger with a plastic one.  It is in good condition, but you will need to buy a new recoil assembly before you can use it.  The gun is sold as is.  $400 and $25 ish for shipping and insurance.  Payment via Paypal Personal or USPS Money Order.  Paypal Standard, please addd $4%.  Please email with any questions.  crffish@yahoo.com
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. gremlinmt

gremlinmt New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Clarification, why does it need a recoil assembly?

3. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007
    and where are you located ?

4. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    I am located in Vancouver Washington. It needs a new recoil assembly because the old one is worn out. Thank you.

5. burley

burley Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Just an FYI the Sub 2000 Recoil Spring Assembly will work in the Sub 9, KT shipped me mine and it works fine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    Yep, the Sub-2000 assembly works great in my Sub-9 and they are cheap too.

7. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    I am surprised at how little interest there is. :(

8. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    Thank you for the advice Bert. I am sure it fires perfectly as it got a SPA treatment from Kel-tec. The recoil assemlby is probably less than $15 and a bolt tube cover is about the same. I think the price is pretty fair for an out of production all metal receiver Sub-9.

9. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Good price wish I was still collecting these. I've got two that I would almost bet were made the same week if not the same day.

FWIW the SUB9s had plastic triggers. I think, not 100% sure, that it's the P11 Trigger.

Somebody snap this up. There is no comparison between the quality of the S9 & the S2K. Plus you get a last shot hold open AND you only pay a half pound weight penalty.

10. PaxMentis

PaxMentis New Member

Feb 27, 2010
    Sorry, I am kinda stupid about Sub9s...does this take Glock mags?

11. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    he says s&w in the title, so I would guess no.

12. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    What I can't figure is folks paying $350 for a Sub2000 when this is only $50 more.   ::)   :-/

Going to try & help sell this puppy.

FWIW the early SUB9s have a little better finish than the later ones.  I've got 2 that are a little higher serial number.  Both S/Ns lower than 00101.  The screw heads on the first S9s are flush to a little below flush with the reciever.  Later ones (I know 0096x is this way) have the heads a little above flush.  They also have a screw on the left side that this one does not.  A place for rust to form.   ;)

This early one also has a slightly different plastic than the later & current production.  Slightly grayer & you can see the reinforcing fibers a little better.  It is also most likely from the first production run.  

Recoil spring assembly is a freebie from service, btdt. Quality is better than the S2K. Feels like a real gun & only a half pound heavier. From personal experience repair, if not under warranty, will run the cost of new parts & about $15 return shipping.
    All in all this is a very desirable Subbie & IMO money well spent.

Jim, who has paid way more than this for a SUB9.

13. painkillerAZ

painkillerAZ New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Not where you are
    If it took glock mags I would have grabbed it already- that is a GREAT price...damn! And Bert and others are absolutely correct - the SUb9 is better quality THOUGH a bit heavier.

14. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    New recoil spring on the way from Kel-tec and this thing was already checked over by Kel-tec's team. You can even buy high capacity magazines for around $18 that work great in this weapon.

15. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    I am lowering the price to $375 plus shipping. Payment via USPS Money Order.

16. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
    $350 is the final price cut.

17. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
  18. crffish

crffish New Member

May 18, 2009
  19. Bert

Bert Banned

Mar 4, 2007

Folks, I am unemployed, but this is tempting even to me (from a Keltec Collectors perspective).

Someone ought to grab this.

Crffish, for expanding your probabilities, will you consider trades ?

Bert

20. JoeH

JoeH New Member

Jan 7, 2010
    what is the difference between this and a sub 2000 ?