Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the range today and after 40 rounds, my sight picture totally changed! Yeah, my front sight was mixed in with the brass on the ground. Has this happened to anyone else? I did find it. I put it back in and fired another 100 rounds, no problem with sight. I did have a lot of FTE's . Any ideas on how to secure the front sight so this never happens again? This is going to be my everyday carry(if this NEVER happens again). Thanks.

This was the initial break

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I will do that but should I really have to? This is a new pistol. Is this something that some do right from the case?

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks, I will do that but should I really have to? This is a new pistol. Is this something that some do right from the case?
The most minimal expectation of any customer at any price point is for the product to work.

You will get a lot of blind defense for KT as a company here and KT customer service is the greatest of any manufacture that I've dealt with. But if you look at it objectively, sometimes KT's production tolerance leave a bit to be desired especially on the Pf9 it seems. Let me re state this again I am a huge KT fan myself but I am also able to be objective about the company who's products I now own 5 of

Once you throughly clean and lube and fire a few different kinds of ammo to see which one works. you should be good to go and should not have to do anything unless you want to improve that basic.So if you WANT to polish the feed ramp and do the fluff and buff to make it function with a larger variety of ammo,thats up to you

But as a minimum it should work for you with little more than some cleaning patches, a cleaning rod and some good gun oil and lube for the slides

·
Registered
718 Posts
Order a new front site. They will send it free of cost. The pins barely make it through the slide and are then melted. I use a small soldering iron. Your have broken off so it will happen again.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
If this is going to be a self defense pistol, it could be argued to simply fill in the front sight sight holes and not even replace it (and remove the rear sight too)... as the PF-9 is pretty much a short distance point & shoot weapon. A few have actually done this with their PF-9s and P-11s. :D

Should this have happened to a new gun? No. This is the 1st instance in over two Years that I've read about it happening to anyone. It was a fluke, possibly due to the pins on that one sight not being long enough to get a good hold, or even whoever had sight melting duty that day getting distracted (who knows).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! The new front sight came the other day. I did as suggested and melted the pins with a sodering iron. Kel Tec customer service is OUTSTANDING! Time for the "fluff and buff".
Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts