Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
...and make the steel screw in the aluminum housing fail sooner. I have tried a bunch of fixes and as long as the front sight can move, it will fail. I have one I filled in the whole front sight with epoxy that seems to be working. Another I milled off the front sight, bolted a short rail section on an added a MagPul sight to the front.

·
Registered
670 Posts
... filled in the whole front sight with epoxy that seems to be working. Another I milled off the front sight, bolted a short rail section on an added a MagPul sight to the front.
Yep, and I understand why you chose to go that route. I tried to make the sight assembly work to my satisfaction; didn't work-out for me. Bought the new one as a replacement from Red Lion and it works. ;)
http://www.thektog.org/forum/f85/outfitting-my-new-gen-2-a-263513/index18.html#post2389958

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I have PS pivot block on the way and will see how well that works. Red Lion front sight will be backup plan. I was getting familiar with my new Sub last night and was disappointed in how easy it was to move the front sight post to the side and how it did not snap right back to position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.