Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PMR 30 has always shot 3" below point of aim (POA). Emails to KelTec went unanswered as to whether different height front sights were available. Liking their fiber optic sight, I did not want a regular blade replacement. Well, this week feeling like something needed to be done I decided to attack the issue. The original sight was .315" high. I used a jewelers saw to cut the sight off where the blade meets the base. I then skillfully filed it down until I calculated it would be about .250" when put back together. I "JB" welded it back together, trimmed the excess off with a razor, and dressed up the edges with some black paint. Looks perfect. Being about .065 shorter should raise it the proper amount. I will test it next week. This photo is before the excess trimming and painting.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Tried it out. The group covers the point of aim, so there still is a few low shots, but the majority of the shots are just above POA. My gun seems to make a fist sized group at 30 feet with one or two real wild shots. I'm satisfied...Definitely not a target gun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.