front sight adjusing tool?

Discussion in 'CMR-30' started by wanderson, Aug 23, 2017.

1. wanderson

wanderson Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Did anyone's CMR-30 come with the Magpul elevation adjustment tool for the gen 2 front sight?

Mine did not, I have a generic AR adjustment tool but if KT just forgot to include one I'll ask them for a replacement. I know magpul includes the tool but wasn't sure if KT was since I'm sure they're buying in bulk.

2. buzzsaw

buzzsaw Grand Poobah Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Georgia
    Mine did.

buzzsaw

3. mike26038

mike26038 Member

Jan 31, 2010
  4. 850sub

850sub Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Pensacola
    Mine did. Along with a magpul instruction card

5. wanderson

wanderson Member

Dec 30, 2015
    Thanks. Got the card but no tool, which probably got lost at the dealer's shop. I had to send mine back to KT for repair so I asked for a replacement tool and got one back. First time out I had a malfunction, first 75 rounds were flawless (various flavors of CCI) but occasional feed failures with Fiocchi, which mimics what my PMR 30 likes. Then halfway thru a mag of Armscor the bolt would get stuck about an inch or two from full extraction. And I mean stuck. Even removing the grip wouldn't free the bolt. But once cleared I could hand cycle it fine. Then same stoppage next three shots. Took it home for cleaning and inspection, did not see any issues or unusual wear. As on the first trip I used quite a bit of CLP for break in. Next trip out was the same failure every shot.

I contacted KT who sent me a pre-paid ship label and 10 days later it was on it's way back. Haven't had a chance to run it yet but had to brag on their customer service. Per the slip they replaced the bolt carrier top rod & block lock.