Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to take my California-compliant rifle back to it's original pistol grip design. I believe all I have to do is order a lower receiver from Kel-Tec...? Any advice on this?

·
Registered
56 Posts
It is compatible. Will need to reach out to Keltec and see if they will sell you just the trigger/grip assembly. IIRC there was someone on here who got quoted a pretty hefty price for just the grip assembly from Keltec, something like $575 bucks. I think it was on the thread “RDB conversion”.

Just my two cents, but if your dead set on getting a pistol grip then I would buy a lightly used standard Keltec RDB for like $700-800 Spare parts, only a little more.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You were right about the price (575), and they shipped it to me in about 3 days. I removed every screw and put thread locker, because I have trust issues with Kel Tec's assembly. I'm holding on to the 'Hunter' style lower for the additional option, but it probably won't get used.

The QD swivels at the back bring the total of attachment points on this rifle to NINE. Which is nuts, but I am picky about stuff like that. They were originally M-lok, but I sanded the tabs off the base and used a 10/32 drill and tap bit to screw them directly to the metal (with thread locker, naturally).

·
Registered
158 Posts
The one thing I didn't like about the regular lower was the trigger, compared to the Hunter lower, the regular lower has a plastic trigger and it feels heavier than the trigger on Hunter lower.

However, it's still a good OEM trigger, bullpup or not.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The one thing I didn't like about the regular lower was the trigger, compared to the Hunter lower, the regular lower has a plastic trigger and it feels heavier than the trigger on Hunter lower.

However, it's still a good OEM trigger, bullpup or not.
I agree. I kept my '-C' lower just in case I feel like swapping them later... BUT

MCarbo makes a spring replacement for the trigger that lightens it considerably. Installation is a little tricky, but worth the effort. At about 3.5 pounds the pistol grip version feels like a much more expensive trigger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts