Freedom 380 Question

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Braveheart1, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Braveheart1

Braveheart1 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Just purchased a Freedom 390 on GunBroker.com and noticed that rather than being engraved the "Freedom" logo was stamped. I contacted Kel Tec and they confirmed that, in fact, the Freedom 380 was laser engraved and not stamped. Is anyone aware of any fraud concerning this gun and do you have any suggestions on any recourse? Thanks.

2. angel71rs

angel71rs Active Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Wasn't KelTec able to confirm if your pistol was a Freedom base on the serial number?

3. Braveheart1

Braveheart1 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Didn't ask, but I'll certainly run it by them. Thanks.

4. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Going on the basis of fraud, I'm not sure to what extent GunBroker will help. If not, the seller has a lot of explanation to do and, I would hope, be blacklisted from gunBroker although he can always turn up some other way if he really is a fraud. If fraud, sounds like you have been had and learned a lesson about honesty and integrity in the internet world--at least you got a workable 3AT (it does fire dosen't it?).That is why your local gunshop may charge more but in the end--da da da da da. Sure hope you are mistaken about what you paid for and all works out--lousy feeling---been there, done that.

5. Braveheart1

Braveheart1 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Yeah, I'm really trying to decide what to do. I paid about $500 for the gun with the laser so really and truly the price is going to be somewhere in the ballpark, though a little high, I'm sure. I guess I'll contact the dealer and see what he says. Could be that he's been had too. Keep the responses coming, they are helpful. Thanks...

6. Braveheart1

Braveheart1 New Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Got back in touch with the dealer and Kel Tec and confirmed the gun is authentic. Upon closer inspection you can see it is not simply a stamp, but is, in fact, a laser engraving. Thanks for your input.

7. rosieK

rosieK New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Glad for you. Nothing like feeling ripped off. Now that you have it, hope you never use it.