frame color

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by goldot, Sep 25, 2007.

1. goldot

goldot New Member

Sep 24, 2007
    ok so from what I understand you can change the color of your frame by using rit dye can anyone tell me the process of how to get an od green or close to od green

2. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
      Welcome to KTOG, goldot!   Yeah. Order a new OD grip from KT Parts--About $30. The FRAME is aluminum and only comes in black.

KT used to offer an ivory grip for the P-32. THAT could be dyed to any color you wanted. They don't sell that grip anymore though. You can get black, grey or OD at: 1-800-515-9983.

Packer.

3. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    First let me say... I am new here so please excuse me if that is a old question :D

I am leaving VERY STRONG HINTS that I either need this gun for my b-day or Santa needs to drop it off.. but my question is, is there anyway to come across the old Ivory grips?? Or do I just have to get lucky and find a used one for sale??? As petty as it might be I would love to have a cute girlie colored gun, after carrying a Baby Eagle 9 for 3 years I am ready to move down in size and from what I have read this seems to be a great choice for a everyday gun.

4. Packer

Packer Banned

May 14, 2005
    Welcome to KTOG, Spook! You won't know for sure until you ask KT parts:

1-800-515-9983.

They might still have a First Generation P32 Ivory grip laying around. But understand: This grip won't fit the P3AT of either generation, and it also won't fit a second generation P32.

Packer.

5. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Well that thanks for the info... guess I will just a plain old black boring gun it looks like ::)

6. flonder22

flonder22 New Member

Feb 11, 2007
    Welcome to KTOG Spook. The color may seem boring to you but shooting it sure won`t be boring. You`ll see what I mean. You are going to love it. ;D

7. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Yea that is the other reason besides the size that is making it the main gun I am focusing on at the moment. I do think it is that smart for a woman to have a gun in her purse because half the time that is what they want from you, so I am looking to have something I can just wear under my shirt that does not look like a huge tumor growing off my side ;D like I said before I have been carrying my Baby Eagle 9 and sometimes in the winter even carrying my 44 Desert Eagle so this would be a HUGE weight jump down so I just hope I remenber I have the thing on me.
    Thanks again for everybody being so nice and helpful!!!!!!!!

8. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    [​IMG]
    Color . . . . I thought all grips were black

[img width=400 height=284]http://www.wilson-genealogy.com/pics/ralph.jpg[/img]

Wilson – who’s wife hasn’t ask for a new color in months and is he glad :D

[​IMG]

PS the black grip below, was DuraCoated in [highlight]gloss black[/highlight] just to be unique :)

[​IMG]

9. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Wilson - I'm starting to think you have more guns than the factory at any given time. [smiley=beer.gif]

10. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    Ok since Wilson is now being a tease   :-/ lol

I am slow I just now saw the links for the Duracoat... and as my luck would have it my man paints cars and does airbrushing for a living soooo looks like I found my cure for wanting a pink gun. Sadly now since he saw it he is starting to get some wild ideas for his. ::)

11. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    How about Camo ?  The whole gun not just the grip.
    That would be nice. Post pics if anyone gets it done.

12. Wilson

Wilson New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Sorry, this is as close as I can get to camo . . .

[​IMG]

Wilson – who’s embarrassed by his inadequacies :-[

13. wyo-man

wyo-man New Member

Nov 27, 2006
  14. jackde3

jackde3 New Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Yea, Camo - Thanks wyo-man.
    [​IMG]

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

15. Spook

Spook New Member

Sep 28, 2007
    After reading the camo kit and what all comes with the kit it sounds rather simple to do, but then again I might be wrong too lol
    I know as far as the baking part I am lucky and have access to a powder coating baking oven.