Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.laxammo.com/index.php?o...y_id=22&virtuemart_product_id=2575&Itemid=614

I bought this because it was a good price and I wanted to shoot something other than 115g out of my G19. Well it shot flawlessly, but is really hot. A lot more recoil than my FM and Perf 115g's. At the range a guy a couple of lanes down had to come over to see what I was shooting. He said whatever is was was really loud. Anyway these are punishing my hand out of my Glock but I think will make a good break-in round for any gun or a standard round for my Sub2k.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good question. I never think about that kind of stuff so if you do I'd certainly look into it.
I guess i should modify my title if you find that it does violate a warranty.

Edit: I see title says "my sub". I don't want to steer anyone to error.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
But how would Kel Tec know if any damage may cause by reloads?
Just out of curiosity.
They would know because most gun owners are honest and would tell them exactly what ammo was used. I mean, why would anyone lie about it?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dear Mr. Kelgren,
I am shooting factory reloads from LAX Ammunition as is noted in the OP. If I submit a warranty request keep that in mind.
Sincerely,
Brawny

·
Registered
861 Posts
For $20 more per 500 I use 124 grain Winchester Nato spec. Flawless performance, a bit hotter than standard loading but not Plus P. Good clean factory fresh ammo, no worries.

·
Registered
404 Posts
For $20 more per 500 I use 124 grain Winchester Nato spec. Flawless performance, a bit hotter than standard loading but not Plus P. Good clean factory fresh ammo, no worries.

FYI standard pressure SAMMI spec for 9mm ammo is approx 35000 psi. Nato spec ammo is 38500 psi which happens to be what SAMMI rates +p commerical loads at. It is plus + equivalent. Not just a bit hotter.

Since its labeled/marketed for military markets they don't put the plus + marking on the casings. It gets the NATO cross on the case rim since it was intended as a military loading for the purpose of being issued to a NATO aliianced nation. If you read on the back of the box on Winchester 124 Gr NATO ammo you will see that it states "These cartridges are loaded to military velocity and pressure which is higher than 9mm Luger cartridges; average pressure is 10% to 15% higher than industry standard pressure for 9mm Luger". That definitely puts it in the plus + territory.

YMMV. Keep it mind if you shoot alot of it. Your going to put more wear and tear on your firearm.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.