Found Used P3AT HC for $199.00 - Fair Price?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by BillK, Jan 24, 2008.

1. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Would you consider $199.00 for a used HC P3AT, in good condition, to be fair price?

Called yet another gun shop asking for a new P3AT in HC. Nope, not new but have a used one for $199.00. Didn't think to ask for the serial # but  I can call back tomorrow and ask for serial # and condition of the gun. The price seems reasonable to me assuming the gun is in good condition.  I've been looking for a new HC piece for maybe 3-4 months and am now thinking that if this particular gun is newer then my blued J2Rxx I'll go check it out after work tomorrow.

Also, I've found some businesses will give me a bit better price when I offer cash. Maybe I could get the gun for even less.

Thanks ...

2. RAT76

RAT76 Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Sounds pretty good to me Bill.

3. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    check the condition of the gun and note the serial number. So far it sounds like a great deal! keep us updated!

4. sharpetop

sharpetop New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Offer him $175 and settle somewhere in between. $199 isn't a steal, but it isn't robbery either. Remember, it has a lifetime warranty if any thing is wrong with it.

5. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    depends. given how hard they can be to come by, that is a good price.

if you are willing to pay it, it is a good price.

if he is willing to sell it for less, then that is a good price.

all depends on how you look at it. is your life worth the 199.00 to get it and always carry? if so, then it is a good price.

6. Gooseneck

Gooseneck New Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Sounds like a good fair price to me, but it a lot depends on the condition when you see it. It may look like a rock when you get there. Hopefully it will still be there tomorrow as fast as these things are going.

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Gooseneck of course it is going to be there! Who more than me deserves a second P3AT in HC? Betcha it even has painted sights, a metal catch, Bersa finger extention, aglaser pads and grip and a nylon recoil rod washer just like my blued gun.  :)

Take care ...

8. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    what rj said. i'd have been happy to find a used one for a bit more than that. 290 new was worth it for me because nothing else was getting a lot of holster time, the P3 has been. YMMV.

9. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    :'( Big disappointment. This morning's phone call got answered by a different person; yesterday's HC .380, overnight, morphed into a Parkerized .32.  :'(

10. sprinter1

sprinter1 New Member

Jan 1, 2006
    That's a real BUMMER :'(