Found some new Kel-tecs at LGS

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Rogereh, May 30, 2009.

1. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    I stopped in at my local gunshop for my semi-weekly visit in case some ammo dropped in from the sky during my absence. No ammo but he did get three 9mm's (a HC/gray PF-9 $299, a blued/camo PF-9 $289 and a blue/black PF-11 $279). Also had a blue/black P-32 $269 and a Bersa 380. That's the biggest haul of Kel-Tecs that I seen at his store. My brain is telling me that I need that HC PF-9 but my wife doesn't believe me. She may be doubting that I actual have a brain since it made me buy four new handguns since January. I told her that's not too bad as it's less than one a month and a new month is just a day away... It still hurts a little when I smile but I was able to pick myself up from the floor unassisted. ;D

2. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    went to my lgs yesterday also,not a KT there,when I asked about the380`s he said he only got one in,I then asked to see it and he took out from his front pocket then put it right back..He said that was his, but would be glad to order me one..Bright side ammo was getting better had pretty good selection.. ;)

3. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    my lgs had a few kt's including one plr-22, right next to a sig ar style pistola, the kt was cheaper.

4. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    Been thinking hard on that chrome PF-9. The store is closed until Tuesday. I may have to revisit but the gun is probably safely in someone else's home by now. :-[

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    [​IMG]

Not a Pf9, but a pretty combination nonetheless!  Just trying to help...

-Scott

6. Rogereh

Rogereh New Member

May 22, 2009
    Gee thanks...My wife also sends her thanks. Now I almost have to go tomorrow to see if it's still there.
    Roger

7. Runcible

Runcible New Member

Apr 5, 2009
    BTW, anybody know why the witness holes on the P3AT are on the opposite side from the PF-9?

8. RockyTop

RockyTop New Member

Jun 5, 2009

I wish my LGS's had prices like that. I'm in the market for a pocket gun and I checked out a few of the LGS's this past weekend. One, which is notorious for being overpriced, had the blue/black PF-11 for $311. I know they can be had for $269-$279, so I passed, but at least was able to get a feel for it. I then drove about 30 miles to another shop and they had the P11 for $329. I'm more interested in the PF9, but both places said they hadn't seen any of those around in months. There's 2-3 other small pawn shops here but they are just as bad.
    One even had WWB 9mm 100 ct for over $41. I found the same stuff at WW for $20.

I'm always amazed when I read how people find good deals at pawn shops and LGS, because I never have.

9. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    Yesterday I stopped in at a LGS I trade with to see if he had gotten in any primers. He hasn't had any primers and very little of any other reloading components on his shelves since all this shortages and hoarding began. To my surprise he had a full display case of various pistols and revolvers including 3  P3ats. I was in a hurry so I didn't check them out closely but they appeared to all be just alike,  blued with no upgrades of any kind.  I'm not looking to buy another one anytime soon but I know someone who is.  The KTs  had hang-tags for $269.95 on all of them, which is what I paid him for my P3AT 2 or 3  months ago.  Last summer he was selling  P-32 and P3at  KTs for $234.95 and  P-9s for $249.95,  so under these unusual circumstances today his present price of $269.95 seems reasonable.

10. Dagwood

Dagwood New Member

Jun 6, 2009
    In #8 I said the LGS was selling P-9s for $249.95 last summer, but I should have said that was for P-11s. He didn't get any P-9s in last summer and still hasn't as far as I know. I was looking to buy a P-9 last fall but decided later to go for the .380 because it will work better as a pocket gun, and I already have several full size pistols I can use when I open carry