Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things have been a little scarce in my area lately. I've been wanting one for pocket carry. I originally bought a PF-9, but find it's really a little big for my pockets at least. I bought this one new and shot 50 rounds through it at the indoor range where I bought it. All I had was Win fmj stuff - It ate the box like candy. This little thing really shoots nice at 7 yards...I'm impressed so far. The only problem I had was that it was a little rough on my trigger finger. Aside from that, I think it's more pleasant to shoot than my PF-9.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
Re: Found one!

Hi, rman! Congrats! Good snag!

Two things about the sore trigger finger:

1. lightly sand the inside of the trigger guard and the trigger to smooth them.

2. Try to practice holding the trigger back just a little longer. It is physically impossible for the trigger guard to smack you finger when you are holding the trigger to the rear.

Packer.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Found one!

Two Pistol Packer said:
  Hi, rman! Congrats! Good snag!

Two things about the sore trigger finger:

1. lightly sand the inside of the trigger guard and the trigger to smooth them.

2. Try to practice holding the trigger back just a little longer. It is physically impossible for the trigger guard to smack you finger when you are holding the trigger to the rear.

Packer.
Thanks for the tips! I'll try them.
:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just shot mine yesterday for the first time. Have to agree, at 7 yards this gun is quite deadly. With my first clip I placed all rounds in the center of mass within about 12" of each other. However, at 15 yards it was a LOT more difficult for me to even hit the target, rounds were scattered everywhere.

·
Banned
7,638 Posts
  You might find that the trigger snap causes the muzzle to wander and might cause it to shoot low or high.

Practice shooting snap caps until the muzzle does not move at trigger break. After a few hundred shots, you will be amazed at the accuracy improvement.

A trigger stop may be halpful to you by cushioning the trigger snap. Here is a simple one to make:

Easy trigger stop for P-11, PF-9 and P3AT:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1152892678

Start shooting from a close distance (10 feet to 5 yards) As your shot placement gets better, move back a few yards at a time.

If your range does not allow you to shoot this close--Use a bigger target.

You will improve with practice.

Packer.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Two Pistol Packer said:
  You might find that the trigger snap causes the muzzle to wander and might cause it to shoot low or high.

Practice shooting snap caps until the muzzle does not move at trigger break. After a few hundred shots, you will be amazed at the accuracy improvement.

A trigger stop may be halpful to you by cushioning the trigger snap. Here is a simple one to make:

Easy trigger stop for P-11, PF-9 and P3AT:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=101;action=display;num=1152892678

Start shooting from a close distance (10 feet to 5 yards) When you see where your shots are falling, adjust rear sight for windage. (Loosen screw with supplied 5/64" Allen wrench. push sight left or right. Gently tighten Allen screw.)

As your shot placement gets better, move back a few yards at a time.

If your range does not allow you to shoot this close--Use a bigger target.

You will improve with practice.

Packer.
I've got to get me one of those P3's with the adjustable rear sight! Was that included as a bonus with the slide lock modification? ;D

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
RAT76 said:
I've got to get me one of those P3's with the adjustable rear sight!  Was that included as a bonus with the slide lock modification? ;D
I have to admit 2pp can be jumping up and down saying "made you look, made you look!" It made me pull mine out of my boot and double check that maybe I REALLY missed something :-[

-Scott

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.